PDA

View Full Version : Help with company name

GREENTIMEJG
04-10-2007, 12:29 AM
I have been trying to come up with a name for my business and it seems all the name i like are taken. what do you think of this one. The Other Side Of The Fence Lawn Care ???

1MajorTom
04-10-2007, 12:35 AM
That's too long, and you'll regret picking it later on i think. you want something that will fit nicely on business cards, on the side of your truck maybe, and will be easy to print for advertising.
A lot of people will use their last name, or even incorporate their intials into their business name. I personally don't like anything corny or a play on words, but that's just me. The best thing to do is sit down and play around with a bunch of different ideas, write them down on paper, and before you know it, you'll be able to narrow it down to just one.

Raven386
04-10-2007, 01:00 AM
i used my last name.....Tenney = 10-E

CoreyD
04-10-2007, 07:08 AM
yea it took me like..... 6 months to come up with the name Greenstar.... at first i was "Express Lawn Care".......... and i dont think having your name in the business name is good..... what if you wanna sell it later on?

NELawnCare
04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
The most common mistakes in naming small business:
- Too long of a name
- A name that does not reflect the services you offer
- A name you think is cute, but is misinterpreted or offending to customers.

Good article:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/startingabusiness/startupbasics/namingyourbusiness/article21774.html

Raven386
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
yea it took me like..... 6 months to come up with the name Greenstar.... at first i was "Express Lawn Care".......... and i dont think having your name in the business name is good..... what if you wanna sell it later on?

im going to do this until the day i die. i love this industry and i would never leave it behind.

PhillyShells
04-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I have been trying to come up with a name for my business and it seems all the name i like are taken. what do you think of this one. The Other Side Of The Fence Lawn Care ???

Why not try something related to your location ?
State, county..... famous landmark ?

Guzman Properties
04-10-2007, 11:36 AM
I feel my name represents my work. If it has my name on it, your gauranteed excellent work. I don't plan on selling out, but buying in.

mow & snow
04-10-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't know what your user name stands for but what about "Greentime Lawn Service or Landscaping".

GREENTIMEJG
04-11-2007, 12:10 AM
I think i will keep searching for a name thanks for the info.