PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a Digital Speedometer???

MOW ED
07-30-2001, 10:54 AM
I was at expo and looked thru all booths and asked many people where I can find a digital speedometer for my Walker. I came up empty. I want to install one so that I can spray more accurately. ( I know the Walker doesn't go that fast anyway:rolleyes: )

Does anyone know of a company that sells these for our type of equipment. I found them for atv's and motorcycles and I guess I can possibly retrofit one but I am wondering if anyone has any info on one that works out of the box. Thanks

JLC
07-30-2001, 11:31 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. I looked at the Z-spray at the expo and it looked like the one on his machine was the same kind you can buy at a bicycle shop. Not sure though.

dhicks
07-30-2001, 12:16 PM
For about $250.00 you can get a Magellan 330X GPS unit. You can use it to monitor your speed and differences in speed at various altitudes.

Plus, it's a great unit for the car and truck.

Guido
07-30-2001, 01:46 PM
them use digital speedometer's from a bicycle shop.

Good Luck finding what you need!

jeffyr
07-30-2001, 02:30 PM
If you can pace it with at auto (It may be too low on the speedometer though) and mark the speed control and throttle on the Walker you can match that speed by using your marks. I looked and I can't find one either.

Do you use a pedometer when pushing a spreader too ?

jeffyr

Rooster
07-30-2001, 05:14 PM
MOW ED,

Have you tried to email Walker to see if they can suggest a company for you?

Just a thought!

Richard Martin
07-30-2001, 05:37 PM
You will probably have to use one from a bike shop. It's not the accuracy that you're looking for I assume but consistancy. You want to be able to lay down chemicals with an electric sprayer/spreader with your ZTR and you need to do it so the product is spread evenly. Am I right?

MOW ED
07-30-2001, 06:47 PM
Right, I want to keep it at a set speed per the product and want to return to the same speed after a turn. I know some of the dedicated sprayers like Toro makes adjusts the rate automatically when it senses speed variations.
I want to apply as accurately as I can.

I don't use a pedometer but mayby you got something there;)

peteloare
07-30-2001, 06:50 PM
last month I purchased a golf cart and mounted my fertilizer sperader on the back. I bought a speedometer at my local bike shop and mounted it to maintain speed consisity. Has worked well so far.You can contact me at quinney19@yahoo.com it you wish more information.