PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa Trimmer leaking Gas?

mcambrose
04-10-2007, 09:18 AM
I have a Shindaiwa T260 trimmer which leaks gas around the fuel tank grommet. Even when the trimmer gas tank is turned up and the fuel tank grommet is above the level of the fuel, I can see air bubbles coming out between the grommet and the tank. I notice this when the tank is in the sun. The grommet feels soft so I didn't know, so I was wondering whether the grommet is likely the culprit or if there is a vent that is stopped up. I wasn't sure if the tank cap vents this or if the breather body could be bad. This leaking of air would stop when I removed the gas cap. I did try a gas cap from another trimmer which didn't have the same problem and it didn't solve the problem. I tried to attach the parts breakdown in case I didn't describe the parts properly. Thanks for any suggestions. I looked at the fuel lines and they don't seem to be leaking.

dutch1
04-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Replace tank grommet and all fuel lines. Tank grommets get soft after a time and need to be replaced. Replacing fuel lines while the grommet is out is a plus.

Dutch

MowerMedic77
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
or if there is a vent that is stopped up. I wasn't sure if the tank cap vents this or if the breather body could be bad. This leaking of air would stop when I removed the gas cap.

The T260 has a bottle vent that usually spends it's life taking in air, and it would be very hard for this item to get blocked up(since its pretty well closed off from debris). When they go bad they leak(a lot). Dutch gave you the best info for your issue:clapping:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
You will have to replace the groomet itz made all in one piece they got you on that one,you might get lucky with just a broke line and run it thru the grommet.