PDA

View Full Version : how do you go about getting comm. accounts

bigmudder77
04-10-2007, 10:03 AM
i need to know how people go about getting them do you call the business and ask them if you can mow there lawn or what?

POPO4995
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Start beating feet. I went out door to door for residentials, introduce myself, had a booth at the home show, etc. Commercials, I called them in the fall and spring and asked when they were accepting lawn maintenance bids and if I could submit one. If they said "We already have someone, or we are happy with our service now" I would thank them for their time and send them some literature on my company, and you would be surprised how many calls from the so-called "happy customers" I would recieve... Good Luck!:usflag:

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-10-2007, 10:15 AM
As POPO4995 STATED that pretty much sums it up. Sometimes they will conatact you if your well known in thee area. Sending them literature about your company is great,I also send them a Letter stating how we can make there Property stand out among the Crowd and can back it up! Most accept bids Late in Fall or early in the spring.

bigmudder77
04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
so i pretty much wont get any commerical accounts? this year

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
No theres still should be time in your area. Just walk in and ask. Ask to speak to the person who makes gounds maintenace decisions. Not the secratery or Manager.You need to find out who owns the property.The General Manager most of the time knows who you need to contact. What type of property are you looking at ?

bigmudder77
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
any thing where i can make some good money. car dealerships, food stores, pet stores, gas station. fast food, any thing right now i need the work i got low baller $20 1/2 acre over here and is taking my work

GREENTIMEJG
04-11-2007, 12:08 AM
I Have not even tried to get any business yet i am still in the stage of thinking it all out and buying equipment . i do not plan to start until next year but i am sure you can not make any money at $20 1/2 acre. what is the guy thinking he might as well do it free.If the low ballers would just work harder and did not low ball everyone would make more money.

bigmudder77
04-11-2007, 07:57 AM
i know there is no way he is making money i need min. $25 1/4 acre to make any money

bigmudder77
04-11-2007, 01:57 PM
what if i called the businesses and asked about there current lawn company