PDA

View Full Version : Nice remote pigtail.

Mike Leary
04-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey 'tails....Hank (Russ) got the pigtails today....Nice unit! The plus is the
wire color call-out chart is big enough for us old f..ts to read!!!!!

Remote Pigtails
04-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks-i didn't know that was you guys. Notice how I scored the ends so you don't have to use a wire stripper.

Mike Leary
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
It gives hope that everybody who has a service route install them....
O.K. big boys/sheshovels, pony up for the Rain Master universal remote!

Mike Leary
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
It gives hope that everybody who has a service route install them....
O.K. big boys/sheshovels, pony up for the Rain Master universal remote!
Rain Master.com

londonrain
04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
How much for the universal remote? and how much for the pigtails?

Mike Leary
04-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I thought I posted a link for Rain Master, but the Lawn Genie beer mite be
cutting in. Not cheap......$2,000.00 +- list....if you do a lot of service,
this is the one you want...bite Hunter...bite Remote Control Tech..bite rest.

londonrain
04-10-2007, 07:10 PM
this is the one you want...bite Hunter...bite Remote Control Tech..bite rest. ok thanks I see my local JDL sells the remotes.....
you gave a bum link on the website...lol

8-10 service calls a day I will check it out...

http://rainmaster.com/

Remote Pigtails
04-10-2007, 07:11 PM
How much for the universal remote? and how much for the pigtails?

If you go to my sponsor page their is a brief product description and price. Or you can go to www.remotepigtails.com

The Rain Master UA runs about 1200.00 here. (JDL in Dallas) The pigtails also works with TRC. I like TRC a lot and think they have made a strong commitment to remote technology but Rain Master has a superior remote. I contacted Rain Master about selling their remote but there was no price advantage if anything it would have cost more than the local supply house.

Mike Leary
04-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys...Rain Master is not big on discounts...they make a superior
product w/super support......remote super fast!

Remote Pigtails
04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
this is the one you want...bite Hunter...bite Remote Control Tech..bite rest.

The beauty of the Rain Master is its durability and speed. There is no delay when you push that button. Instant on and instant off.

Mike Leary
04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
The beauty of the Rain Master is its durability and speed. There is no delay when you push that button. Instant on and instant off.

Me & Hank have two of them.......you should see what they do when hooked
up to a Rain Master DX w/ permanent recievers!!!!!!

sheshovel
04-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Is there a "clear open line-of-site" required using those Mike? From the remote to the receiver?

bicmudpuppy
04-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Is there a "clear open line-of-site" required using those Mike? From the remote to the receiver?

Line of sight helps, esp if your trying to exceed two miles.............Back in the 80's, used to use a set at the golf course. The handheld unit functioned on our repeater for regular communications, and channel one for the remote. Anything over about a mile and half from the reciever made things difficult if you were down in a hole.

Remote Pigtails
04-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I can't speak for range since 99% of what I do is within a 100 yards of the remote receiver. I've never had a range problem except when the battery starts to run low. My thing is taking a commercial tool that is an absolute necessity in a large landscape and using it in a small residential setting.

sheshovel
04-10-2007, 10:32 PM
See I have a residential use one I bought because the controller was up three flights of stairs mounted in a corner of a tiered garden, The area I worked in was way down below, I never could use it because the only place I had to mount the receiver was out of the line of site, shrubs and trees in the way. That's what I meant by clear line of site.

Remote Pigtails
04-10-2007, 11:14 PM
It's expensive but you won't have any problem with the Rain Master. We have over a thousand pigtails hooked up in Dallas area on residential houses. If they don't have one that is the first thing we install.

Mike Leary
04-11-2007, 10:49 AM

We had "line-of-sight" problems with our early Remote Control Tech units,
which were on a AM frequency, Rain Master (& others I don't know about)
are FM & can blow thru a Fred Meyer concrete building.

londonrain
04-11-2007, 02:12 PM
It's expensive but you won't have any problem with the Rain Master. We have over a thousand pigtails hooked up in Dallas area on residential houses. If they don't have one that is the first thing we install.
How much do you charge the customer for the pigtail and what do you tell the customer as for the need of the pigtail? so you can run the remote?...I am guessing in the long run it will save time which is also money ?
I have some larger systems I maintain and am thinking about remotes...now we use 2-way radios...one at controller and one checking system...

Mike Leary
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
How much do you charge the customer for the pigtail and what do you tell the customer as for the need of the pigtail? so you can run the remote?...I am guessing in the long run it will save time which is also money ?
I have some larger systems I maintain and am thinking about remotes...now we use 2-way radios...one at controller and one checking system...

The first remotes were called "SideKicks" for obvious reasons.
I thought it would be a bit overkill when I bought my first, but over the
years, it's proved to be indespensible. The guy who bought my biz whines
when we stop at a site with no harness!

Remote Pigtails
04-11-2007, 10:22 PM
The first remotes were called "SideKicks" for obvious reasons.
I thought it would be a bit overkill when I bought my first, but over the
years, it's proved to be indespensible. The guy who bought my biz whines
when we stop at a site with no harness!

When I walk up to the door for the first time I grab these items.
Rain Master Remote
Small phillips and straight slot
blue dry splices
12 station remote pigtail
station master checker
I will not let a customer walk me around the yard until that pigtail is hooked up with my remote on it. Henry my other serviceman is the exact same way.

sheshovel
04-12-2007, 01:00 AM
We had "line-of-sight" problems with our early Remote Control Tech units,
which were on a AM frequency, Rain Master (& others I don't know about)
are FM & can blow thru a Fred Meyer concrete building.

COOL!!:cool2: