PDA

View Full Version : Field Test a Steiner 430 Max!

TurfEditor
04-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Guys -

Go to www.steinerturf.com and check out the 430 Max. This is basicly a tractor with about a bazillion attachments available to it. I would imagine we would set you up with a couple of different attachments, to test the whole system.

If you think you can put this machine through it's paces -- and then write about it so that the other 70,000+ TURF readers can hear about it (including taking some pictures of you or your crew using the tractor) -- give me a shout.

You can drop a note here, PM me or e-mail me (dcassidy@turfmagazine.com).
Be prepared to tell me exactly how you propose to use the gear.

David
Exec Editor

grassmanak
04-10-2007, 04:55 PM
ive seen these posts before, where generally do you like the volunteer to be. Is it strictly an east coast thing, or is their other oppurtunities available.

TurfEditor
04-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Usually the company tells us what area of the country they want (to coincide with their dealer network), but in this case, Steiner says they don't care, so it's open to the whole country. I just need to find someone whose upcoming schedule is such that they can really use this kind of gear.

DC

puddin' pie
04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I've used one for two years(04-05) great for hills. Rough, no suspenion and its tight in the cockpit. leaves a good stripe (60'' w/roller) gas kohler 25hp or 27hp something like that, small hp but had good power. over priced for lawn care people. scale from 1-10 I will say a...............6, Rough and over priced accessories.

tjsquickcuts
04-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I could give it a good work out....got plenty landscape jobs and clean-ups within the next few months and I am sure I could give them the feed back they want....

muddstopper
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I have one with the Onan engine, Never liked the controls on the dashboard. Durn thing will climb like a goat tho. I have the dual wheel package on mine. I like the attachments, the machine is a little weak with the stump cutter and weak on lift capacity, but the mowing deck does a decent job.

DUSTYCEDAR
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I've seen those be-4 would be sweet with a aerator and rock hound setup for site prep to seed cant wait to see the field test

robbo521
04-11-2007, 11:54 PM
now i like that.our church has been looking for something like this that can be used to move dirt in the graveyard to tilling the ground and scrapping.what kind of price are on one?i have gone to there site and printed every page off to show the other 3 board members.

thefed
04-12-2007, 12:08 AM
pm sent......

TurfEditor
04-24-2007, 04:31 PM
thanks guys

The tyest has been assigned

DC