PDA

View Full Version : heavy freeze burnt everything

jd75760
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
after a couple of weeks of 70's the temp took a plunge and got down in the 20's about 4 nights in a row. Everything got burnt very bad. The leaves on the trees are black and all the new growth on the shrubbery is black. My question is what to do with burnt growth on the shrubbery. Is it better to go ahead and trim them or just leave them alone? Thanks

VO Landscape Design
04-11-2007, 12:15 AM
we were discussing that in class today. let it fall naturally was the overall conclusion.
VO

tjsquickcuts
04-11-2007, 12:18 AM
we were discussing that in class today. let it fall naturally was the overall conclusion.
VO

I agree....once everything falls, trim them during the next time you see new growth beginning...

jd75760
04-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the replys. I have never had everything burn this bad before, but I did learn along time ago not to even consider planting any type of flowers or other delicate plants untill after Easter. I used to have customers who allways wanted flowers planted at the first warm spell, while it was tempting to start planting because of the $$$, I had to talk them into waiting untill atleast mid April here in Tennessee before planting anything except pansies. Hopefully mother nature will heel everything and get everything back on track.