PDA

View Full Version : quick commercial bid question

Jeepn
04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm sending in my first commercial bid shortly, it's for an apartment complex (Didn't realize how much luck you can have just calling around to apartment buildings and stuff). Anyways, it's 2 acres with substantial trimming around fences, parking lots, etc. . . the gates are all wide enought to get my mower through, but the sections with grass are very broken up. . . like nine seperate areas with grass. I'm thinking about bidding in the $200 (Canadian) per cut range. It's in sort of a low income region. Do you think I'm high/low or what? Thanks in advance for the help.

Cory

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Its hard to say really without seeing the property. Are you tackling this yourself ? 2 acres of mowing? Or is the complex sittng on two acres?

Jeepn
04-11-2007, 06:34 PM
2 acres of actual mowing, a good thousand feet of trimming, and just me to do it. lol

karol
04-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Where about's are you in Ontario. I'm in Newmarket. $200 sounds high, especially for a low income area.

Jeepn
04-13-2007, 10:07 PM
'bout half way between Windsor and London. . . I know $200 is normally pretty high for 2 acres, but I'm figuring that this is easily a 4-5 hour job. There's just too many areas that are impractical for the z-turn and will have to be cut with the 21"