PDA

View Full Version : Truck Lettering HELP!

Dig-It-Landscaping
04-10-2007, 11:34 PM
I need some help deciding how to letter 2 pieces of equipment and would like some additional input and ideas. I will post pictures of current lettered equipment then the Dodge truck and gooseneck I would like to letter. I want to letter the large area on the gooseneck that goes over the tailgate. I want to letter the dodge back window and back side windows. I have considered tinting the wndows and Frost, aluminum, or silver vinyl for the dodge but want it to match the other equipment, but the Dodge is also my personal vehicle and I want the lettering to add to the looks of the vehicle not take away from them. I am open to any and all ideas.

PS. Excuse the missing chrome handle on the dodge tailgate and the missing part of the "N" on the dump truck tailgate they will bothe be fixed this week.

Dig-It-Landscaping
04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
The truck and trailer I want to letter

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I have used Signsnow in Beavercreek for years. Cathy has some really good ideas...

By the way nice job on Nicks pond....

Derek

Mark in MD
04-11-2007, 08:06 AM
I just bought a pick up truck I'll be using for work. My last truck had magnetic signs, which damaged the paint. So I was thinking of painting lettering on it this time around. However, I'm seriously considering not even putting lettering on it.

First of all, the fact is, I very rarely get a call from the advertising. Secondly, there is lettering on my trailer anyway. Third, I would rather avoid obvious warranty problems on the new truck. Fourth, I think the truck looks better without lettering.

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I have a wrap on my rear window......no other signage on the truck....

Dig-It-Landscaping
04-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I was thinking I would letter an approx. 6x10 area on the side windows for the back seat. The lettered area would be the bottom rear corner of the windows, and would be done in frost, silver, or stainless vinyl. This way if I only have the truck there will still be lettering, but a majority of the time i have the gooseneck which will be lettered with lettered equipment. Plus if i don't want the lettering to show i can roll the back windows down half way. Any suggestions?

TGM
04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
nice dodge (auto or manual?). i'd put some silver lettering on the rear windows, that way you don't ruin the paint and they can be removed easy. some recon clear fender and cab lights would really tie in with the silver accents on the truck.

Dig-It-Landscaping
04-11-2007, 04:30 PM
It's a 6 spd manual, auto wont handle the upgrades. Where can you get the fender and cab lights?

TGM
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
yeah, i went from the auto to the nv5600. i just put a performance clutch in mine. next will be injectors:cool2:

http://www.reconaccessories.com/

Dig-It-Landscaping
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Next I want a performance intercooler, air intake. Then a double disc clutch to get it to the ground.

RedWingsDet
04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Talk to AMW Graphics, they can figure something out for you and even show you before you order. Go to www.AMW-Graphics.com and email them and tell them Mark sent you.