PDA

View Full Version : Truck Wiring

LawnBoy89
04-11-2007, 12:27 AM
I am stumped. My truck won't light up the right side of my trailer lights. I didn't really realize this until today when I bought one of those light bars that go under the tailgate and above the bumper and only half of it lights up. I have no idea where to even look for this problem. I didn't think a fuse would have anything to do with it but I checked just incase and they are all ok. The guy I bought the truck from has lights all over he had a 3 bar light under the tailgate which I took off to put on this light bar he as 4 extra reverse lights for extra lighting he has a full alarm and remote starter system he has lights on the toolbox under the dash there are wires every where I don't know where to begin do you guys have any idea?

I thought that the same wire included both brake lights that's why I'm confused. Any help is appreciated thanks guys.

Raven386
04-11-2007, 12:37 AM
i have the same problem. :confused: :hammerhead:

Rowski
04-11-2007, 06:37 AM
When you mean the "right side would light up", no turn signal (and stop light), no parking, and no backup lights?

First split you system in half, make sure you trailer connector truck side is working properly.

If you have completely nothing on the right side check for a common ground for the right side. Also check for physical damage to the wiring.

Derek

LawnBoy89
04-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I know the problem is coming from the truck because everything (trailer, lightbar) works with my other truck....if that helps???...