PDA

View Full Version : pet waste

Mr.Lawn
04-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Does anyone have a pet waste clause in their service contracts?? I had seen one in a contract and was wondering if anybody else does this and what do they charge???? Thanks

RICHIE K
04-11-2007, 06:17 AM
My wife started one last season it is $15.00 added to the regular mowing fee had to applie it 3 time last year with the same customer

BQLC
04-11-2007, 09:37 AM
How does that work do you charge extra if you step in it or just if you hit it with your equipment?

apowell18
04-11-2007, 09:47 AM
I just have a clause for pet toys or childrens toys in yard. I charge $10 if I have to move them. As far as pet waste, I don't mind it. I have a hard time keeping up with my dogs (to the point I don't at all)...so I can't expect my customers to do the same. I guess if I had a customer that had multiple animals and didn't keep up with it then I would have to charge them...but no problems so far...no customers have animals. I would like to know from others though, how they handle it.

NELawnCare
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I have a line-item on the invoice. $7 Animal Waste Surcharge. I automatically charge it anytime there is waste in the mowing area.

topsites
04-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I just have a clause for pet toys or childrens toys in yard. I charge $10 if I have to move them. As far as pet waste, I don't mind it. I have a hard time keeping up with my dogs (to the point I don't at all)...so I can't expect my customers to do the same. I guess if I had a customer that had multiple animals and didn't keep up with it then I would have to charge them...but no problems so far...no customers have animals. I would like to know from others though, how they handle it.

Well see I'm a dog person, too, so I don't mind it but I do expect effort, I don't mind a few piles but if it's really bad then that's another story (like a ww-ii minefield lol). Overall I'm pretty tolerant of the poop, but then the overall condition of my yards nowadays, I require at least an average quality turf before I service it, so then it seems there's less poop in the nicer yards, idk...

It's the dust that gets to me nowadays, I can't take it, I got engines tuned to the redline now, I can rev them so high it turns the muffler red hot as the rpm's peg the governor, even at normal Wot it stirs up a TON of dust if I hit a patch of dirt, and I can't take it anymore... It's not the gagging (that too), it's that it gets into the bearings and the engine itself, the whole mower is covered by like a 1/16" layer of dirt all caked on, the occasional patch of dirt I don't mind but these lawns that consist of more dirt than lawn I just can't take that anymore.

But for a long time it never bothered me, the dirt and the dust, it's a dirty job anyhow.
The poop still don't bother me much, it's more a matter of overall condition but a few piles is cool, whatever.

But that takes time, I still got a few of those fun-fun-fun lots, lol.
It's all money, has to do with what you can tolerate, I think.
Because I tell you one thing: The less you tolerate, the fewer good customers you will find.
By the time you get to not tolerating about a half dozen things, good customers are really few and far in between.
So it's money either way, tolerance has its benefits, but so does cherry picking, give or take, you decide.

I don't charge for poop, just par for the course to me.

clcare2
04-11-2007, 02:36 PM
just an idea, but I have several HO'S with large pile problems. There was an ad I saw for a pooper scooper guy. I now contract him to do 5 lawns once a week. I raised the price ten dollars a mowing. I do not make any money on this deal but, all of the poop is gone when I get there. This guy does 120 lawns a week at 10 to 15 dollars a lawn. 120 * 10 * 52 = 62400 a year with no over head except for a bucket and gas.

bigmudder77
04-11-2007, 04:17 PM
i charge $5 a time for dog poop and it goes up from there i removed cow crap from a house before cause there pet cow got out and **** in the yard and i wasnt about to run that over. (i had cows and learned not to do that it goes every where even if its just on the tire) charged her $10 to remove it.

i charge a over grown fee the next time i come and mow if there are toys in the yard (bigger toys like bikes and stuff) and if they dont remove it i dont mow it and dont charge them for it. if they move it before my mower is on the trailer i will go back and mow it but if its on and they come out and move it its $10 the next week cause i dont got time to load and unload my stuff

bricolawncare
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey it sounds like a side job for me. 64,000 a year ain't nothing to sneeze at.

GreenN'Clean
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
There are a couple companies around here that are pooper scoopers and there making a lot of money from doing it. They charge like $10-$25 bucks per lawn