PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question... Perhaps??

Loosestrife
07-30-2001, 06:07 PM
I have been hearing a lot about USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION a lot lately. I agree that there are many repeated threads, but...

If everyone used the search feature, would there be any new posts on the forums???

Fine Lines Lawn
07-30-2001, 06:46 PM
Dumb question???
Not at all, and you make a very valid point.
I for one enjoy the new posts and would hate to see nothing but blank pages, banners, and the "search" button.

Hoosier Mower
07-30-2001, 06:50 PM
I would have to agree with you loose & Fine Lines! This site could become a ghost site if everyone searches for every single question and feels afraid to post a question thinking someone will jump down thier throats about the search. Like I've said before, if you get tired of the same questions you don't have to reply to them but let them ask them anyways.

roscioli
07-30-2001, 06:51 PM
I agree with you guys, and correct me if I am wrong, but wouldnt less new posts mean less hits, and less advertising $$ coming in? Dont get me wrong though, I do see how 150,000 post might be a LITTLE overwhelming!

script
07-30-2001, 09:46 PM
I find it hard to think that there is anything new that any one could ask, but something new always catches my attention. But I do agree that even though something was asked before, there may be new thoughts lingering among the newer members and maybe even older members that may have new experiences with older questions. Just my opinion. long day.

bobby

Richard Martin
07-30-2001, 10:06 PM
I think that some of the aggravation is caused when a specific question is asked and then one or two days later someone else asks the same question again. If people would just learn to look at posts that are less than 30 days old they would often find the answer they are looking for and can also add to an existing newer thread if they desire.

thelawnguy
07-30-2001, 11:14 PM
well with threads titled "Look Here" "how come" "dumb question" etc nobody would ever turn them up in a search so the posters' jobs are safe for a while anyways.