PDA

View Full Version : YOU have to have it!

J Hisch
04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Bought a Vortex spreader from lesco, for bed weed control applications and some growth regulator applications, man is this thing the CAT'S meow. For anyone who has large amounts of bed weed control you cannot go wrong with it. I generated 600 dollars of revenue in 3.5 hours and used only 100 lbs of product. No more waste and applying the product right where I wanted it. A FIVE STAR RATING

Premo Services
04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Bought a Vortex spreader from lesco, for bed weed control applications and some growth regulator applications, man is this thing the CAT'S meow. For anyone who has large amounts of bed weed control you cannot go wrong with it. I generated 600 dollars of revenue in 3.5 hours and used only 100 lbs of product. No more waste and applying the product right where I wanted it. A FIVE STAR RATING
rest
what does it look like
I went to lesco site but could not find it there
cost
it seems to be pretty good for you, You peaked my intrest

NattyLawn
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
This is what I found:

http://vortexspreader.com/

(wi) Roots
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Just got through reading an ad from LESCO mag. Guy in Florida uses one for granular nature of SePro's Cutless G plant growth regulator. I was just wondering about it, How much?

Nevermind, just booked mark thread above!

curtisg
04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I caught this thread and just wanted to comment. I am the product mgr at LESCO for equipment, and we have have seen excellent results with this item. The owner of the company (inventor) worked for us for years and worked as an operator -i.e. he knows the chemical and application. We have been selling various versions as non-stock items in Florida for years, and last year added the SPC as stocking. It has taken off - If you need any info or have questions please feel free to contact Vortex or myself

DUSTYCEDAR
04-12-2007, 10:13 AM
we need some pics

curtisg
04-12-2007, 10:43 AM
This is the only one I have handy electronically. His web site has photos of all of the versions, but this one (SPC) and the TR are the prime units.

teeca
04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I caught this thread and just wanted to comment. I am the product mgr at LESCO for equipment, and we have have seen excellent results with this item. The owner of the company (inventor) worked for us for years and worked as an operator -i.e. he knows the chemical and application. We have been selling various versions as non-stock items in Florida for years, and last year added the SPC as stocking. It has taken off - If you need any info or have questions please feel free to contact Vortex or myself

ok, how much?
did a serch for vortex on your site, is it a product from b&g for $157 ?

J Hisch
04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
1694.00 out the door, it includes the blower, looks like it will never wear out. The only thing I would change is to make the main blower tube smooth on the inside, but maybe the invetor tired this and it didnt work as well.

MStine315
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
$1,694??? My little $20 Casaron spreaders are working just fine, thank you!

teeca
04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
1694.00 out the door, it includes the blower, looks like it will never wear out. The only thing I would change is to make the main blower tube smooth on the inside, but maybe the invetor tired this and it didnt work as well.

is yours like the one pictured, or is it mounted to the spreader?

J Hisch
04-13-2007, 07:10 PM
like the one pictured. It is a huge material saving and time saving machine, I have doen the same jobs befoer with a chest spreader and used 250 lbs, of material and it took about 6 hours to do it. The waste with the chest spreader to too great and the fact of how much you have to refill.

green horizons
04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow. That's alot of money for what it is. I do a little of this type of work, but not enough to justify $1600. Wow.

J Hisch
04-14-2007, 08:47 AM
1600 is a small price to pay when you break it out over a couple of years. I personally feel it is a real bargin. plus if the trend stays the same for the amount of time and material useage then we will do about 30K in revenue with this machine in about 120 hours worth of work and 4000lbs of product.

teeca
04-15-2007, 12:50 PM
found this bargain on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/Solo-Gas-Lawn-Garden-Fertilizer-Spreader-Duster-Blower_W0QQitemZ220101748911QQihZ012QQcategoryZ79670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem looks like a first generation