PDA

View Full Version : Striping Question

asfault
04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I have several Fast Food customers. As anyone knows who has them as customers also, shutting down is like the next best thing to death. How long do you guys typically tell the customer to keep traffic off the pavement when you restripe? Also, how long does your restripe hold up in HIGH traffic areas, ie drive through and entrance/exits?

EWS
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
hmmm.. are your a experienced striper. you dont know how long it takes for paint too dry. I usually do the fast food restraunts early like 5am. paint usually drys in about 10 minutes. and you can drive over it. if there is traffic just put some cones up and when that area drys block off the other area and stripe that. you should be able to do a fast food restraunt in about 45 minutes, arrows, handicaps, lines and all.

EWS
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
also by the time you talk to the customer to say the job is done, all paint is dry unless you dont know what your doing. Im sorry if I am being to harsh but it seems like everyone and there mother calls themselves a striper or sealcoater since this stupid sealcoat in a box came out. They are all gypsies with no ins, no business license, no yellowpage ads, offices...etc.

asfault
04-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Thank you for your reply, I do however wish you would have actually answered my questions. I didn't ask how long does it take for paint to dry, my question was how long do you usually ask your clients to keep off your restripe? And my second questions was how long does your striping typically last. I guess to be more specific for you, I am curious to know how long should the restripe hold up in high traffic areas such as drive thru lanes and exits. The reason for my question is that one of the franchise owners feel that the striping should be impervious to traffic and hold up longer than it does and I am trying to get an idea of how other contractors fair with their restriping in the same high traffic conditions.
I would like to add something . I am not a fly by night company quite the opposite. I would appreciate it if you do have an opinion that you stay on point and not be so bold to assume that if I have a question that it is because I am an unprofessional contractor.

EWS
04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
AS soon as I am done with a parking lot you can drive on the stripes. if you want to be extra cautious you can say a hour. as for retriping, I usually restripe fast food places, grocery stores, high traffic parking lots every year. if you you do a professional job it should last a year. and i am saying a year becuase hear in upstate ny, with salt, sand, plows it wears them down faster. in other areas of the country that do not have the weather we have in the northeast they should be able to get 2-3 years before restriping is needed. I did alot of stripe work in fl. and that usually lasts 3 years at places like checkers, mcdonalds, etc