PDA

View Full Version : total lawn renovation? large lots?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Ive never done one this big.. Ive done nearly an acre last year though. I have a lot that is mostly old field weeds from an old hay field. The owner has mostly dead weeds over the winter, soil has a lot of small "pebbles" sitting right on top of the soil and there are lots of clumps of weeds.

Basically ill have to take the box blade and go over the WHOLE property, then get the landscape rake out and rake out everything, small stones, and the rest of the weeds debris. Its fairly flat, so im only mucking with a few ruts and stuff here and there at best. Once thats done, ill have to seed, and fertilize 3 full acres.

Concerns are... Ive never quoted out a price for something that is this big... literally its not a day job because ill be out there many hours per step of this process.

I also dont own a hay blower or anything like that. Could i just rent one once im finished for the day? Even if i pull it around with my tractor around the yard and have my worker feed in haybales..

I dont want to over price this job because possibly some big company would come in and give him a cheaper offer since they might do big jobs like this weekly.