PDA

View Full Version : deere or no deere?

laidback2309
04-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Is it me or are john deere mowers, particularly riding mowers, way more expensive than other brands? Are they worth it? Better cut or something? Investing in a mower for the first time is so confusing. :dizzy:

workinallthetime
04-12-2007, 12:57 AM
go to tractor by net and get in this argument,lol
i went with kubota for alot of reasons mostly because of $$$$$$$$
in my experience with alot of deere's they are more expensive up front and more expensive to maintain. my dads old 455 diesel cost twice as much for me to do a service on than my kubota (s).
i but things with 3 things in mind
#1 how much is it going to cost up front
#2 how much is it going to cost to maintain
#3 how much will it be worth in a couple years

put 400 hours on a kubota bx23 in 19 months sold it for 1500 less than i paid for it and turned around and bought a bigger kubota TLB

robbo521
04-12-2007, 01:06 AM
i love my deere stuff but they are a little over priced on some things.the parts are priced about right i think for a lot of things.are they better than other brands,sure but there are some better or the same as deere in most things you may want in a mower.

Ford Guy
04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
around here they are a little more expensive to buy new, but they also hold their value better then any other brand also, so keep that in mind if you plan on trading it in anytime in the near future

stroker51
04-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Around here the mid-Z's are comprable if not a little cheaper than Gravely, Scag, and Exmark to name a few. And the dealer is awesome, dealer support means a lot to me. My 737 Deere mid Z with a 60" deck was 7380 brand new. I just bought a 657A quik trak with a 54" deck last month, 6402 out the door. And the 7 Iron II decks are awesome.

RHill
04-18-2007, 02:41 AM
In my experience john deere is not only overpriced when newbut the parts and repairs are more expensive as well