PDA

View Full Version : residential or estate?

lawnboy82
07-30-2001, 11:09 PM
i was just wondering. at what point do we go from calling a residence an estate? is it that there is massive acreage? or is it the use of that acreage? is it the size of the house? or the value of the house? i wonder sometimes when i go to these houses. not that it matters, for me its just a status thing. but i wonder, what an estate is to you guys, as opposed to just a regular residence.

kutnkru
07-30-2001, 11:23 PM
I would have to say that the lot size of mowable turf should be larger than 20m/sf. However it should also accomodate extensive landscaping and other features that will set it apart from the other homes in an area.

When we drive past 3 acre and larger size properties for cutting in the country we dont classify them as "Estates". If they have statueary, fountains, rock gardens, hardscaping etc. that sets that home apart from the crowd then IMHO they are an "Estate".

I think it should be for those whom have elaborated their properties. I do not believe that it has anything to do specifically with their home. And no the best Landscaped Shanties dont count in my book - LOL!!! :laugh:

Hope this is what yeuz was luukin' fer.:)
Kris

Premo Services
07-31-2001, 12:28 AM
My thoughts would be a very large home, large acreage of lawn and landscaping, pool, tennis court, many other buildings. It would also need to have a very nice stone wall around the entire property.Oh Wow thats where I would like to live!!!!:D

crazygator
08-04-2001, 02:30 AM
I think it could go 2 ways. Very large house with large acres. Or even very large house and small yard, but both have to be meticulous, and very well landscaped. But mostly like the pictures on Eric's web site. I'd say most of his are estates. You know how Eric is, only the best. LOL! Now if only we could get him to switch to the Hustler Super Z? Hmmmmm.........

HOMER
08-04-2001, 02:38 AM
Do bird baths in the middle of a 20,000 sg ft lawn count? I mow a bunch of them estates! What about pickaninnys? We are in the south ya know.

lawnboy82
08-04-2001, 02:41 AM
yeah, i think we are on the right track here. however i believe that use of the land also counts for something. cause CK's partner over here has 1000 acres. there is noplace bigger over here. the house when finished will be worth 26 million dollars. no land. however it is a farm. they spent 3.1 million dollars on landscaping just around the house. and its a farm. cause they breed horses there. now if you go down county here by where the city is. you dont need much land, but the quality of the house has to be there. and the gardens must be well kept.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2001, 02:48 AM
KutnKru

what are you doing driving by them, those are the ones you should be mowing (good advice don't take it the wrong way)

Any ways every house is classified as an estate

when you die the lawyers take 33% of your estate

I think when a hose is worth more than a million it becomes an estate. at least he in MO.

LGF:blob1:

hubb
08-04-2001, 03:01 AM
estate; From the french word 'estat' meaning "The condition in which someone lives".

1. rural property with a residence: an area of rural, privately owned property that includes a large residence

3. property of a dead or bankrupt person: the assets and liabilities of somebody who is dead or bankrupt

4. somebody's overall situation: the circumstances, period, or condition in which somebody lives

:confused:

This is all according to MSN Encarta. I guess you can call anything an estate as long as someone lives there and its not in the heart of the city.

lawnboy82
08-04-2001, 03:12 AM
hubb, i think you know what i am talking about. :rolleyes:

Guido
08-04-2001, 03:43 AM
an estate is just your land and house and adjoining properties, etc. Its what you own that is real and sitting there.

kutnkru
08-04-2001, 12:08 PM
Its tough to bid on acreage properties when you have people telling someone they will cut 3 acres with a JD or other type tractor for $45-50 for the entire job.

LGF if they would pay for the mowing for what we offer our services for per acre, I would definitely be stopping.

Unfortunately we cant cut 'em all!! ;)

Kris

Albemarle Lawn
08-04-2001, 12:44 PM
'Round here, and in parts farther south, there are neighborhoods of long, narrow, aluminum residences. The signs at the entrance to these communities say something like "Shady Grove Mobile Estates"

What I don't get is, WHY DO THEY CALL THEM MOBILE? They don't go anywhere. Even the cars parked in front of them are up on cinder blocks. Year after year they just sit there, except the two times when tornados relocated a few.

And why are the wheels still on them if they don't plan on leaving. Some even have tail lamps still affixed.

ARE MOBILE ESTATES TO BE CONSIDERED ESTATES?

KB:cry:

kutnkru
08-04-2001, 01:51 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!!! :laugh: :eek: :laugh:

Now thats a funny statement! :jester:

Kris

Eric ELM
08-04-2001, 02:06 PM
Albemarle Lawn
You win the funniest post award for the day. :laugh: :D :laugh:

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2001, 03:53 PM
KutnKru

I guess thatís why they call it a market

Because my market is defiantly better I am charging at least $125 for those 3 acres estates

See what you have to do is get in there and show them what they are going to pay for, you might have to do a couple for that price to get in there, but will be worth it for the long term

Key word MARKETING

You guy are always asking for advice on how to do this here is a good strategy for those who donít know

LGF:blob1:

Albemarle Lawn
08-04-2001, 04:05 PM
you might be a redneck.

KirbysLawn
08-04-2001, 04:57 PM
Albemarle Lawn, how true!! Great post.

I think this may be an estate...

http://images1.e-net.com/allentate/property/full/124528j.jpghttp://images1.e-net.com/allentate/property/full/124528.jpg

No it's not mine.:(

lawnboy82
08-04-2001, 07:56 PM
thanx a bunch kirby. thanx a bunch. but at what point do they become like that. because you can go into a development over here and have 700K houses all lined up on 3 acre plots and they are no where close to estates. then you can have houses that are scattered that are worth 1.3 million and they are not estates. however you can go to other places and 1000 acres w/ house and its worth probably 50 million or more. and its not an estate because its a business. with a summer home. lol so there has to be some criteria. and its hard to define because we are all so spaced out. however i believe that it should include. the amount of acreage, but also the value of that acreage. the use of that acreage, size of house, and other things. oh yes, quality of house.

crazygator
08-05-2001, 12:26 AM
Here in Tennessee we don't have any mobile home estates like that one. WOW! What kind of truck do they use to pull that one? And I didn't see the cars on blocks? Or are they around the other side?

KirbysLawn
08-05-2001, 01:24 AM
I saw that home while looking for a new one, thought of this thread. It's only 5.9 mil, what a deal.

Lawnboy, I guess it is up to each to define what an "estate" is, in my opinion a 700k home on 3 acres is, but that's my opinion.

Dochere
08-06-2001, 11:28 PM
Estate:

The whole of one's possessions, especially all the property and debts left by one at death.

Or:

Any home with a gated entry.

crazygator
08-06-2001, 11:57 PM
Dochere,
Just remember, many apartment and condo complexes have gated entryway's now. I hope they are not to be considered as an estate! LOL :D

dhicks
08-07-2001, 02:00 PM
I refer to all my client's property as estates. I think the customers appreciate the fact that I acknowledge the property they own with the utmost respect.

taz72373
08-15-2001, 12:09 AM
Well look at it this way you have commercial and residentail. Commercial would be business.
Residential would be home owners no matter the size or price of the home and yard and contents its still residential.
Lawnboy asks why they call it a mobile home is because it came in on wheels it can leave on wheels no matter how long it is there.:D :D :D

Tommy