PDA

View Full Version : Help with Tree Removal

GG Green
04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what price I should charge for cutting and removal for this size of tree? Also, is there an easy way of removing the tree stump below the ground level and what is the basic best equipment to use for the job? Thanks.....

grandview (2006)
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Hire a tree service.Your insurance won't cover you if you do something wrong.

GreenN'Clean
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
$450 to take it down and haul it away. Should take a couple hours with 2 guys

bohiaa
04-12-2007, 12:45 PM
looks like power line right next to it

TGM
04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
yeah, i wouldn't touch that. if it was in the middle of a big lawn without utility lines around it, i would cut it down and stump grind it.

the liability in this scenario definately isn't worth it.

GG Green
04-12-2007, 01:07 PM
yeah, i wouldn't touch that. if it was in the middle of a big lawn without utility lines around it, i would cut it down and stump grind it.

the liability in this scenario definately isn't worth it.

TGM, the line that you see in the picture is not a power line but a clothes line. There is no electrical lines anywhere near the tree.
Stump grinder wouldn't fit through the gate.
Is there any other way of removing the stump? Any other tools that can be used instead of the stump grinder?

supercuts
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
i cant tell from the pics if those are utility lines or power lines, if they are power stay away, if not, be very careful. if it were in a open area id get $250 to cut it down and haul it

GG Green
04-12-2007, 02:32 PM
i cant tell from the pics if those are utility lines or power lines, if they are power stay away, if not, be very careful. if it were in a open area id get $250 to cut it down and haul it

These are clothes lines only....No electrical wires close by.

bigmudder77
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
i love cutting down trees JUST NOT FOR OTHER PEOPLE but i would climb it and cut from there and drop little stuff and cut it like 16inches and then sell it for firewood this winter thoes are not power lines i see the pole that it goes in to. i would charge at least $60 an hour and the stump thing will be gone with some coals from a fire (i know sounds funny) but it really works get coals from a fire and place them in a medle bucket and have another bigger medle bucket around the tree with the bottom cut out and dump the coals in there and they will burn it down to the ground takes a while cause its still green but it gets the stump out of the way and dont cost that much to do. and with the gate being in the way makes it so much better

1cooltreeguy
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
i love cutting down trees JUST NOT FOR OTHER PEOPLE but i would climb it and cut from there and drop little stuff and cut it like 16inches and then sell it for firewood this winter thoes are not power lines i see the pole that it goes in to. i would charge at least $60 an hour and the stump thing will be gone with some coals from a fire (i know sounds funny) but it really works get coals from a fire and place them in a medle bucket and have another bigger medle bucket around the tree with the bottom cut out and dump the coals in there and they will burn it down to the ground takes a while cause its still green but it gets the stump out of the way and dont cost that much to do. and with the gate being in the way makes it so much better

At $60 an hour for a man with a chainsaw in a tree - I would venture a guess that YOU DO NOT HAVE PROPER INSURANCE. If you did - your rate for 1 man in a tree by himself would be $100 an HOUR. Come on - this is exactly what makes professionally trained Arborist look stupid. :hammerhead:

bigmudder77
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
i dont have any insurance for cutting downs trees thats why if people tell me they need a tree cut down i have to turn the job down unless its small and is not gonna hurt any thing. i have climbed many trees over the years and cut them down i have a harness and i have a thick rope that i tie to the tree in case i fall i will still be hanging there. i also tie my chain saw to the tree (real close) too in case i fall i wont get cut up. and i have only fell out of one tree and it was when i was like 14-15 ever since then i used a harness and a rope.

there is no way i can afford insurance to cut down trees thats why i cut down my own trees. even if there huge i like the sound they make when they hit the ground. and the sound when they hit some one elses stuff and i am just there watching.

funny story i had 2 freinds that wanted to cut down a tree one had a car other had a big truck they start cutting and it dont come down how they like. the guy with the truck goes and tries to push it with his truck. so he starts pushing it and the other guy keeps cutting well the tree shifts picks this guys truck up a little turns lands right on this guys car. the guy with the truck when the tree hit him some thing made the throttle to go wide open and he went sliding over the stump and took off his oil, trans, pan and bent the front axle and broke both front and back drive shafts. i never laughed so hard after i made sure every one was alright. but ya stuff happens when you cut down trees like that. thats why i like to climb them and sloly cut them down. where there to hight i get a lift truck though

bigmudder77
04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
but back to this tree i mean look how big it is i can have it cut down and have the bigger stuff cut up in an hour. with a new blade on my chain saw and if nothing breaks. the whole job would take me about 1 1/2-2 hours

GreenN'Clean
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
$450.00 for an 1 1/2 -2 hours is worth it

bohiaa
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
to be honest I think I would do it....

I mean reach those branches with a hand held.... tie her off.
cut and timberrrr....

by the time u got those branches cut off there's not much left just a stick in the ground.

ed2hess
04-12-2007, 06:51 PM
TGM, the line that you see in the picture is not a power line but a clothes line. There is no electrical lines anywhere near the tree.
Stump grinder wouldn't fit through the gate.
Is there any other way of removing the stump? Any other tools that can be used instead of the stump grinder?

It is not hard to cut that tree so that it is a few inches below the ground with a chain saw. First cut it at a level so you don't get any gravel in the saw ...or leave about 3" above the ground. Dig all around the tree stump then cut an x in the stump from top. Then wack it off....may need to get file handy. Sure is funny clothes line.......at pretty high up ....and steel woven cable, guess they can put a lot of clothes on those lines:confused:

N.H.BOY
04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
It looks like you really only have about five big limps to cut and then the base. It does not look too tall. DO IT DO IT DO IT

mnturfmaster
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
if you don't know how to bid it and what equip. to use, then you shouldn't be doing it. hire a tree service.