PDA

View Full Version : Pestjet Gun

cenlo
04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Has anyine used the Pestjet Gun from Rittenhouse?

Duekster
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM

No but if you call I bet you they will give you an honest opinion of it based upon your needs.

Ric
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM

Cenlo

I have looked hard at the PestJet as well as chemical in line injectors. I am about ready to buy and try the PestJet. But like you would like someone who has one to talk to about it.

cenlo
04-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Cenlo

I have looked hard at the PestJet as well as chemical in line injectors. I am about ready to buy and try the PestJet. But like you would like someone who has one to talk to about it.

Ric.....the idea of my twin tanks was to try to spot spray more for insects. Last year we would have our 3-way on the trucks most of the time....and as the insect control was needed we would go out...as soon as the tank was empty. But usually we would get back to properties a little late and have more than a spot spray with the Sevin. My understanding was I would leave the 3-way in the tank and attach the pestjet with a quick connect when needed to spot spry the Sevin. I realize some 3-way would be used when not required...but overall alot less chemical. Am I off base?

Thanks

Ric
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Ric.....the idea of my twin tanks was to try to spot spray more for insects. Last year we would have our 3-way on the trucks most of the time....and as the insect control was needed we would go out...as soon as the tank was empty. But usually we would get back to properties a little late and have more than a spot spray with the Sevin. My understanding was I would leave the 3-way in the tank and attach the pestjet with a quick connect when needed to spot spry the Sevin. I realize some 3-way would be used when not required...but overall alot less chemical. Am I off base?

Thanks

Cenlo

Read the current thread about "Which way to go". Sprayboy and myself are talking about TG/CL Trucks. Sprayboy worked for TG/CL and used their dual hose injector gun which they have since Discontinued using because of Calibration issues. IMHO you may burn the Lawn trying to put down enough insecticide with the Pestjet. Other way around and I think it would work better. But this is only my opinion.

My interest in Pestjet is for straight insecticide for ant kill only. Calibration issues would be minimal because I would not streak or burn a lawn, However I do want fair to good calibration. My idea is to carry only pure water in the tank and add the insecticide at the gun of via a in line Injector after the pump. This would eliminate carrying mixed insecticide in large volumes. Everything I have heard about injector type set ups including guns has been Fair at best if not bad. For $ 189.00 I wouldn't mind trying the Pestjet. In line injectors can go as high as $ 3500.00.

Ric
04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Cenlo

Oops Let me add that I called Rittenhouse about two weeks ago and ask about the Pestjet gun. This was an other case of wage slaves who knew nothing and could care less about my questions. They knew nothing more about the Pestjet than what was on the Website. Had I of talked to a knowledgeable sales person I might already have a Pestjet.

Ric
04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Cenlo

Oops Let me add that I called Rittenhouse about two weeks ago and ask about the Pestjet gun. This was an other case of wage slaves who knew nothing and could care less about my questions. They knew nothing more about the Pestjet than what was on the Website. Had I of talked to a knowledgeable sales person I might already have a Pestjet.

Yo

Rittenhouse is on the ball. I received a PM last Night from the Rittenhouse Sales manager with her 800 number. I called but she was gone for the day. She returned my call in the Middle of the night (9:00 AM) and woke me up. Not quite awake I wasn't real sharp and missed asking some question. But she did give him more information about the Pestjet Gun and a return guarantee if I only ran water in it. With any new application Equipment I calibrate first with straight water. Once I calibrate the Pestjet with straight water I would check the calibration with pesticide that have different Viscosities more so than tank mixes where the Viscosity is more like water. I might also change spray tips to a size more to my personal liking and calibrate to that tip.

I see a lot of advantages to a Pestjet IF IT WORKS.