PDA

View Full Version : Need a price. Selling Mini-sneaker and trailer in Chicago

Engine 7
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi all. I hope this is ok to do on here. I couldnt find a rule against it.
My company is selling a Case Mini-Sneaker, its attachments, and the trailer that it is on. I am not sure how much to ask. We took a bunch of pictures and plan on selling it locally soon.
It is around 25 years old but maintained propery by McCaan in Illinois. It has the shaker on the back to lay pipe and the boring rod attachment in the front with 30 feet of boring rods and a 1 1/2" earth drill. It is all on a medium duty 5X8 trailer with a ramp.
We were thinking about asking around $4000.00 but we are really not sure how much it is worth. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

SprinklerGuy
04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I'll give you $500 and I'll come pick it up....

Engine 7
04-12-2007, 05:53 PM
HAHA, too funny. The price, of course, is negotiable. But we wont go nearly that low.

Jeff

Wet_Boots
04-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I see Mini-Sneakers on eBay, and they do sell, but not for big bucks. A bit underpowered. And old. Old is hard to fix.

Engine 7
04-12-2007, 07:09 PM
We have a Case dealer closeby in one of the suburbs that services ours. They can still get the parts. We also have an excellent small engine place closeby that does the pneumatics and engine service on our equipment.
I checked Ebay and could not find anyone selling one. I know what we paid for it. I am just looking for a fair price to sell it for really, nothing else.

Jeff

Wet_Boots
04-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Even the Maxi-Sneaker series that followed it gets less than Vermeer and Ditch Witch plows. Trouble with eBay is, you often need to have a lower starting price to get any bidding action. And if you sign up today, and list a valuable item, a lot of folks will tend to not believe you're serious, or trustworthy.

bicmudpuppy
04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Your talking about a machine that has been obsolete for over 25 years. I had one I gave $500 of trade for, but didn't have the boring attachment - plow only. I did get 4 blades with it though. The onan engine blew the week after I started using it. A new power plant runs around $1200 plus retro fit. Yes, case still has parts, BUT they won't say how old the inventory they are selling is, or if the parts are still in production. I priced re-building the shaker (the rubbers) and was told they were still in inventory, but not in production.

I would look seriously at Tony's offer. I wouldn't give $500 for another one.

bicmudpuppy
04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Hey, I still have the almost new adjustable blade.............any bids?
The blade would fit a maxi too! (or a dingo)

Ground Master
04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't think they are obsolete........

The new ditct *itch that I rent occassionaly is obsolete............

Engine 7
04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
They arent. It is still an all-in-one machine that can do what you need to install a system. It was our main piece of equipment until a couple years ago. It still works as good as the day it was made because of the service we had done on it.

Jeff

paolaken
04-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey, I still have the almost new adjustable blade.............any bids?
The blade would fit a maxi too! (or a dingo)

the blade will fit a dingo? tell me more about it. adjustable?

Mjtrole
04-13-2007, 11:59 AM
mini's are awesome, yes they are underpowered but are great for small residentials. and being old is actually good with the mini's because you can work on them, there isn't anything on that machine that is not fixable in the field besides major engine work.

We've picked up a couple over the years from people that couldn't repair them or get the parts for them and got them for dirt cheap.

We had a new engine installed about 5 years ago in one and it's ran like new ever since and the parts are very easy to come by, we always get people asking if we are selling them.

As for a selling price I would think around $2500 IMO would be a decent price to sell those to someone just looking to get into the biz and not much cash/credit to work with, plus the trailer of course.

Engine 7
04-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree, this one has never let us down and broken down on a jobsite.

Wet_Boots
04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
As long as you accept that it won't bring the same dollars that, say, a Ditch Witch 255sx will (despite similar capabilities) you can see a decent price in an auction. You will need to photograph everything, from the trailer lights to the hour meter.

bicmudpuppy
04-14-2007, 12:02 AM
the blade will fit a dingo? tell me more about it. adjustable?

The toro plow uses the same blade as a case plow. This is blade has 4 holes and you use 2 at a time just like a fixed depth blade. "Lowest" two holes set the pull depth at less than 12". Using the middle two gets you about 18" and the deepest setting (not going to happen w/ a mini or a dingo in hard soil) puts you down to 24". The 24" depth in soft fill is great for elec. conduit and the like.

I will dig it out and take a picture possibly. I paid about $400 for it with tax. That makes it a very expensive white elephant at this point. I think I kept a wire blade for it too.

I purchase the blade from price brothers.

Engine 7
04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Well, i posted it on Ebay and it sold in just a few hours. I got a lot of questions and interest on the entire set-up.
Here is the link to Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320103419229

Thanks for the advise :)

Jeff

paolaken
04-15-2007, 10:07 AM
that was a very nice and clean looking machine.

Engine 7
04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
If that machine could talk ;)

Wet_Boots
04-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Congratulations! No question but that a setup like that can be a great deal for a beginning installer, especially with the trailer.

Engine 7
04-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the kind works Wet Boots. Do you own a sprinkler company? You are on here all the time :)

Jeff