PDA

View Full Version : Pictures ofWalker dethatcher with foot lift

cantoo
07-30-2001, 11:52 PM
Here you go Mow Ed, I hope these are clear enough for you. I know there are other guys with the same type of dethatcher that this will work on.
I just cut off the long handle that was on it and clamped a couple of pieces of 1" tube at a comfortable angle that was easy to push with my foot. Well actually my wife's foot. Then I welded it in place, now just have to paint it. As you can see by the pictures I also took off the cheezy extensions off the front that came with it and added some 2" angle iron in it's place. By adding the foot lift this also takes up less storage space in the cube van without the long handle.

cantoo
07-30-2001, 11:57 PM
Mow Ed I can't figure out how to do multipy pic posts either.

MOW ED
07-31-2001, 08:43 AM
Very cool. You should contact the patent office first then call Walker with that one. The sturdier 2" angle is definately needed as I already had mine welded at the seams once last year. Thanks for posting this Cantoo

accuratelawn
07-31-2001, 11:23 PM
Hey cantoo and ed,
How do you guys charge for dethatching?

MOW ED
08-01-2001, 07:44 AM
Accuratelawn,
My average is 10 to 15 per 1k depending on the amount of thatch and if I am removing it from the site to the dump.

There are some small jobs that I get a little less for but the above numbers are the norm. It seems to be a regional thing. People here like to have this done every spring and it does account for about 1/4 of my total yearly reciepts.