PDA

View Full Version : Salt water fishing?

1MajorTom
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Bear with me here now. Is there a more popular time to salt water fish over say another time of the year?
Like i wouldn't sell a snow blower in July, i'd wait till the winter.
Is there such a thing as prime salt water fishing season? I have a reel I want to sell and I want to sell it at the right time. Someone told me mid April to unload it on Ebay, but I have my doubts on what he says.

ofishil
04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
i would say probably spring-early summer would be best. Thats when all the winter hibernators come out looking to buy stuff. If you wait to long they will already have all they want. I am speaking for my side of the way south where water barely gets into the 50's. What kind of reel? I may be interested.

The Slop Nazi
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Bear with me here now. Is there a more popular time to salt water fish over say another time of the year?
Like i wouldn't sell a snow blower in July, i'd wait till the winter.
Is there such a thing as prime salt water fishing season? I have a reel I want to sell and I want to sell it at the right time. Someone told me mid April to unload it on Ebay, but I have my doubts on what he says.

It's ALWAYS prime saltwater fishing somewhere around the country (including Hawai'i & Alaska). The beauty of ebay is that you're marketing to the whole country. If you don't have a problem shipping to South Florida, Gulf Coast States, California, or Hawai'i, then there is demand 365 days per year.

1MajorTom
04-12-2007, 05:55 PM
thanks for the replies.
ofishil it's a penn reel 750ss made in america. it appears to have never been used, i see no pitting on it, etc. comes with manual and box, box is only in decent shape though, has a few creases on it.

mikes landscaping
04-12-2007, 06:30 PM
how much are you looking to get for it?

ofishil
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
if it was a bait caster i would be more interested. Thanks though.

1MajorTom
04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
how much are you looking to get for it?

how much would i like? well as much as i could get. honestly, i know nothing about reels, a guy told me i could get $150 for it, but i have my doubts. that's why i was going to just put it on ebay since I really didn't know what to ask for it.

General Landscaping
04-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Keep us posted on the item #.
That reel is at least 11 years old.
$150 sound pretty steep considering the replacement 7500SS can be had new, with a rod for less.
There may be a few out there that can appreciate the tank-like toughness of the old 750SS:weightlifter: