PDA

View Full Version : Sod Install Price?

EJD Lawnpride
04-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I need to give an estimate to a homeowners assoc. about laying sod. The area is 10,000ft2. We need to sod cut old stuff out, prep, supply/install new sod. The other area is 8,400ft2. Same prep. How would you price this? I was thinking .65/ft2? Is this on the low side? I need to remove and install. Thanks for any help.

Bustus
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I would think this is a bit low, depending on the terrain and overall ease of the job. It would also depend on how much you can get the sod for, because I know that can vary a lot from place to place.

EJD Lawnpride
04-12-2007, 06:37 PM
our delivered price is .24/ft2.

vtscaper
04-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Is tilling the area an option? Tilling in the old turf with a large pto tiller will sure be faster than cutting. You will also be improving the soil condition by cultivating and you will see better results long term.

Bustus
04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Is tilling the area an option? Tilling in the old turf with a large pto tiller will sure be faster than cutting. You will also be improving the soil condition by cultivating and you will see better results long term.

If you can manage this I think your numbers would be reasonable. Obviously it depends on what you want to walk away with. I find tilling is the best way to go.