PDA

View Full Version : Bulkmail postcards??

CleanCutMowers
04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Would you guys recommend doing the bulk mail? I have got a few areas and a price quote but I wondered how effective it was, Has it worked for you all? I think 10 new accounts would be great. Right now I am set up for just over a thousand. And is it to late to send these out? Thanks in advance!

CleanCutMowers
04-12-2007, 11:14 PM
I know some of you have done it?

cward
04-13-2007, 08:55 AM
If you have to purchase the list, verify the zip codes. Focus on target areas that can afford lawn care. You probably won't have a lot of sucess if your mail goes to the "hood."

NELawnCare
04-13-2007, 09:13 AM
This year will be my first bulk mailing. About 10,000 pieces. I will start with my first mailing in Aug/Sep timeframe and send another in Mar/Apr 08.

CleanCutMowers
04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
This year will be my first bulk mailing. About 10,000 pieces. I will start with my first mailing in Aug/Sep timeframe and send another in Mar/Apr 08.

Who is doing yours and how much is it costing you?

NELawnCare
04-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Who is doing yours and how much is it costing you?

I've been in contact with these folks:

http://www.postcardmailings.com/main.cfm

They are a full-service shop. I designed my own 8.5x5.5 postcard, but they are going to print and mail it.

Ecoscape01
04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I just emailed them for a quote. I like the whole full service idea. I just design the postcard using their template, submit it, tell 'em what zip codes and property values I want, pay, and then wait. I'm gonna try it. I didn't have the money for this before but after next week I will have generated enough income from my business to justify the expense. I can't wait. Seems like a good deal.

lsylvain
05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
How did the mailing come out? I have sent out a bunch of small postcards with zero results. I was thinking of upping to the larger sizes to see if that makes a difference.

bohiaa
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Do a search.... there are tons of people who have done it.....

I have NOT it's to expensive for me........

I think the return rate is like 2 to 3 %

Lawn_Boy
05-29-2007, 11:12 PM
www.psprint.com is another one.

Mountain Peak
05-30-2007, 09:06 AM
I've done postcards the last two years with excellent results. You're only going to get 1 to 2 % call back and then figure what you can close out of that. If I get 5 customers based on the targeted areas/zip codes I can pay for the mailing. You need to break it down that way so you can track how effective your mailing will be.
SO with 1 to 2 % you need to do as many as you can afford. The first year I targeted zip codes and income levels, this year I did a radius from my house and income levels.
I used purepostcards.com and Dusty was the contact. She was great and worked with my budget.

privatelawn
05-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I print my own postcards on my laser printer, takes a couple hours to print 1000 of them, I find a subdivision to send to and go to the countys website and download all the addresses for that subdivision, takes me like 10 minutes to do that, print those on and place $0.26 stamps on them, 1 week later $240 spent on stamps for 950 postcards, 14 new customers so far and hopefully more to call.