PDA

View Full Version : ebay deal

charmill26
04-12-2007, 05:32 PM
ok so here's the deal. this lady has been listing this package for quite a while and continues to go down in price because no one will bid on it. the equipment doesn't seem to be in real good shape but i figure i could go look at it before i bid on it to make sure it runs. if everything is in good working order and just needs some maintenance do you think this would be a good deal if i talked her down to 4500 or 5000? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Entire-Lawn-Service-This-is-my-final-offer_W0QQitemZ110114114005QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50377QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

LindblomRJ
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Kinda a hard to tell from the pictures. The hard to tell what condition the equipment is in, I agree the appearance in not really the best. It might be worth your while to offer her $4,500 to $5,500.

lawnpro724
04-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah without knowing the actual hours on the mowers and the way they have been maintained I'm not sure if there worth what she is asking. I also don't like the gloating she is doing over her, I assume ex hubby. She seems to love the fact that she stole all of his equipment and put him out of business.

topsites
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Yup, unfortunately there are too few Lco's this year, too many went out of business, and just now the demand for work is starting to pick up.

I guess she's skru'd, but it's well worth the 6k...
Ztr: $3000 (a 60"? Dont they sell new for like 8000+?) Lots of hours, you guys seem to want everything at 90% off thou.
Scag, blowers and trimmers: $2000 EASY, 400 hours = 1-2 years of full-time use.
Trailer: $1000 EASY, that's no 6x12 single axle, it's a 16-footer dual axle.

It's worth 5-6k without the trailer in my book.

I didn't care for all the bs and hype either, but that seems to be the norm on ebay.
If I were in her shoes I'd hang on to it until business booms again, guess you'd have to be an Lco to sense this thou.

But, if you can steal it, go for it.

charmill26
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
yea i figure she could get alot more for it and i'd be willing to pay more if she had at least cleaned em up. i have no use for the ztr so i figure i could get about 3000 for that

dforbes
04-13-2007, 07:16 AM
without looking at the equiptment in person, checking it out and running it is impossable to know what it its worth. on anouther note, my little pet peeve about ebay (starting price $6000 no reserve) question, isn't that a reserve.

dwlah
04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
The thing that gets me is the starting bid is the same as the buy it now price
This isnt a no reserve auction in my mind

Reminds me of the guy that sold his ex wifes wedding dress awhile back

Ground Effects NH
04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
The thing that gets me is the starting bid is the same as the buy it now price
This isnt a no reserve auction in my mind

Reminds me of the guy that sold his ex wifes wedding dress awhile back

IMO, All the cards are not on the table. This soap opera, continues.

Mr Priceless
04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
i'd really like to know why the heck the equipment fell into her hands, and if it was unreasonable, give a price of, say, 2.5k for the BS factor:)

maxkicker
04-13-2007, 11:51 AM
it bothers me that she wants a 4k deposit within 48hrs especially with the excuse of owing her parents money

topsites
04-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I do agree, it is schemie looking, the hype doesn't help one bit and even thou I normally defend good equipment for sale, it does put into question the ultimate legitimacy... Unfortunately, for all we know it's borderline stolen, the loan she needs to pay off with the upfront payment throws more shade on the deal.

But as for the no reserve / minimum bid thing, that's normal except once again it doesn't help shed a good light on things. Because the problem with a reserve is the seller pays a percent of the reserve upfront, and it's a small percent (dunno, 2-3 maybe 5 or so) but on 6000 dollars that's an easy $120+ the seller has to fork over, no refunds.

Meanwhile, putting a minimum starting bid costs nothing, and unbeknown to most bidders, an auction with no reserve WILL take a bid lower than the minimum starting bid (or, according to the rules, it should), so you should be able to bid regardless of that 6k figure, bid 500 and see what happens, heck bid 5 bucks lol. Yes, I know, I've put things up at a ridiculous high minimum for the reason of experimentation, and nobody hardly ever bids, but it's free for me to do that and a buyer supposedly can bid any amount regardless of the minimum, it is only by way of a reserve the seller can put a bind on this.

She'll likely withdraw the auction at the last minute if it doesn't come close to 6k, but then that is her problem, unfortunately I'm too broke to fool with it. :laugh:

MarksTLC
04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Unless you can check it out locally, I wouldn't be interested. Seems kind of fishy... Check out the rest of the stuff in the pic/storage area. No shortage of readily available cash if truly needed.......

LawnGuy73
04-14-2007, 06:02 AM
When she had this posted before, like a month ago or so. I think she had that the mowers have been sitting for two years. I could be wrong but I thought it was that listing. They look to be in rough shape. :waving:

lawnman_scott
04-14-2007, 08:22 AM
It seems to be worth what she is asking if everything is working or needs some minor work. Send your wife to look at it cause she hates men!!!

Kicik your Grass
04-14-2007, 08:45 AM
even if youre not in her area tell her you live near by and will give her $5000 cash today when you come to pick it up forget the auction this is a cash deal get a phone number and now she can save the farm! i bet there will be some bs excuse why that cant happen but then maybe just maybe she might say ok you got a deal then go look at it if its good buy it

nobagger
04-14-2007, 08:45 AM
The whole thing is a little fishy. She keeps saying "NO RESERVE,NO RESERVE" but the starting and buy it now price are the same I belive :confused: If I could see it and hear it run, it might be worth 4-4500.

ribbie78
04-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Send your wife to look at it cause she hates men!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I agree; "starting bid of 6K and "no reserve" don't go well together

It was an amusing auction to read; you can really feel her love for this guy. :rolleyes:

SLCINC
04-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I would want to go out and check everything out to make sdure there is nothing wrong with the equipment. If everything looks ok, I would take it all day long for 6k. It would around 16k brand new.

razor1
04-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I must agree, something smells fishy. (and I like fish) :nono:

Make her a low-ball offer. If she goes for it, be prepared to cash and carry.
I wouldn't leave her a $50. deposit, let alone $4800. Good Luck