PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat ZTR's

Schlepie
07-31-2001, 01:02 AM
I'm doing early research for a rider for next season and have been considering Toro, Exmark and Scag. Mainly because of their reputation and they are the top choices in my area. Wanted to also look into Great Dane Chariot and Bobcat. Aren't Bobcat and Bunton the same thing? Just courious.

AVRECON
07-31-2001, 09:48 AM
They are owned by the same company, Textron. I have tried a Bunton ztr and was not impressed with it. But I have not tried the bobcat.

mdb landscaping
07-31-2001, 03:18 PM
i too havent tried the bobcat, but i have heard some good things about it, like that it cuts real nice and the price isnt as high as scags.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-31-2001, 03:40 PM
Gee were to start

Bobcat ZTR200 and Bunton are the same, except for the bagging and electric deck lift (on the Bunton)

I made the mistake of buying the first one they made and had to put up with all the improvements that did not help that much

How ever the mower does cut well, stripes great, and has great vacuum for picking up leaves.

But on the other side the frame broke, hydros are weak, steering leavers will break off, deck is easily bent, PTO idler bushing wears fast and is not well designed and once you go few a few you will have to put a new post on it or the belt will come off all the time,
Will not go strait with steering leavers all the way forward (no adjustments)

The mower is one of the slowest ZTRs made

They may of made more improvements on it since I got rid of all of mine but I was not happy with it

Personally I would look at the Hustler, Toro, Or EXMARK (or even a Dixie Chopper)

Donít let the price stop you from getting a reliable productive mower

LGF:blob1:

awm
08-04-2001, 04:32 PM
A BOBCAT IS PRIMARILY A LAZER WITH A DIFFERENT DECK.
just go look at the individual parts. most are the same.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2001, 05:25 PM
Close A W Marks

But doesnít even compare to a Lazer at all

LGF:blob1:

Mowingman
08-04-2001, 06:11 PM
The Bobcat and Lazer are not anything alike. I own a Bobcat and a Toro Z Master (which is a Lazer with a Toro deck). My Bobcat is a tough, dependable machine, but is nowhere near the Toro/Lazer in speed and smoothness of operation.

awm
08-04-2001, 06:46 PM
ill have to give grnd on this as i was quoting chad down at
whitleys in monroe nc. he handles most brands (yea that many)
and he was saying they were pretty much the same except for deck.since the look alike from a distance i assumed he was correct. a friend barber jeff in albemarle nc just bought one so ill give it a harder look.i do know it will take a real good machine to match my lazer for dependable good cutting.later nowTM

Evan528
08-04-2001, 08:38 PM
I demoed a bobcat ztr at the kentucky expo. The handling and smoothness of ride wasnt close to my toro z master! I know a few people with them and say they are extremly dependable!

jnjnlc
08-04-2001, 08:49 PM
I have a friend that has a Bobcat ZTR. He likes it but I do not know more than that. I think if I were in the market for a new ZTR I would look at Hustler, Walker or Kubota. I demoed them at the expo. I was impressed with them most of all.