PDA

View Full Version : Anybody do pavers in Florida?

jerryo
04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi still thinking of relocating to sunshine state, wondering how how the hardscape sector of my business would do down in florida. Wondering what you guys charge per square ft. and if I can survive.

P.S. wealther in Jersey still stinks !

ChadsLawn
04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
There are many pavers here. I couldnt tell ya the prices though. Sorry.

jerryo
04-13-2007, 03:38 PM
What part of Florida are you in?

Poncho25
04-13-2007, 04:11 PM
the market here on the west coast (tampa) is fludded with that type of work. East coast (boca, wpb, etc..) is where there is alot more $$$

FSully
04-13-2007, 08:30 PM
East coast (boca, wpb, etc..) is where there is alot more $$$

And tons of companies, fighting for that shrinking amount of money.

chris638
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
My folks are snowbirds in Ft. Myers. He actually just got done having his driveway bricked today. He was telling me the differences on how they put it in there versus where were at. The guy charged him $6.50 a sq. ft. installed, which is less than half of what we get up here. There are quite a few differences between northern pavers and southern pavers. Less off days, less soil problems, etc.. But the funny thing was that the owner of the company owned a landscape company in Akron, OH for about 20 years, sold it, moved to Florida to retire when he was in his early 50's, and then started that company down there. He said if he had to do all over, he would have moved down there a lot sooner. Pay's his employees (all hispanic) by the sq. ft. and apparently turns a pretty good profit.