PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down Bid List

Comet
07-31-2001, 07:05 AM
Hi,
I have a bid proposal all ready to submitt to a management company next week for a complex on full maintenance for next season.

I used many examples from people here on the board for the contract, thanks to all.

but should I also Include a breakdown on the procedures such as the weekly maintenance, mulching, trimming, cleanups etc.. etc...as far as dollars spent or just submitt the bid which list all the procedures,

I wasnt going to break it ddown untill my cousin said to.
I feel some numbers might spook them if they seen them broken down even though there realistic numbers.

Not sure what to do here,,,
thanks

southside
07-31-2001, 08:11 AM
When you submit a proposal you should specify when and how
often you will perform each task. I wouldn't give them a breakdown of dollars per task. Best to just give them a schedule
of tasks and a monthly price.

:blob3:

Comet
07-31-2001, 08:34 AM
Thanks,
Yea that was way I had intended to do untill my cousin said something on the manner stating otherwise...

I have it all laid out in the bid with dates for on schedualed task to be performed

Thanks for the reply, I needed to be reissured <--cant spell it

HOMER
07-31-2001, 06:18 PM
I just can't picture that much grass on Long Island, I guess I need to get up with you in October when I'm up that way!

Comet
07-31-2001, 06:50 PM
Theres a few blades creeping out of some of the cracks still here and there :)

Anyway this one complex has a plush 83,000 sqft of lawn,
3 Common areas total just a 53,000 sqft,,

Its one of the better looking complexes around here,, just hope I can get my foot in the door

smburgess
07-31-2001, 07:13 PM
A project of that size must have specs, acknowledge only the specs. And I wouldn't give a breakdown of costs' unless it's asked for in the specs.
If for some reason there are no specs, I would make sure you are only bidding on what they expect to be done, not what you want to do.