PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NJ cutting yet??

Mow It All llc
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
I have a few lanws that could use a cut, but its been so cold and now all this rain.....anyone in the Ocean or Monmouth County area cutting?? Even my clean ups are slow.......

M&SLawnCare
04-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I haven't started yet. Its been in the 40's here in warren county the last few days and i heard we have a small chance of snow this weekend :dizzy:

Honestly its sorta good for me though. Got a late start preparing for the year due to some financial issues.

Tom c.
04-13-2007, 07:34 AM
No cutting yet! I checked my records and last year I started cutting 0n the second week of April, but so far lawns are patchy. Now theyre soaked! Should be soon :confused:

TURFLORD
04-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Starting today.

PhillyShells
04-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I did one clean up and a cut Tuesday......my own yard ! Just out of boredom.
And weather forcast is not good - we are supposed to get a Nor'easter dumping rain Sun thru Tues ........

NJLAWN#1
04-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Started 3 Out Of 4 Crews Cutting On Monday 4-9 Only Got A Few Calls Asking Why They Cut Already. Told Them We Put A Nice Edge On Lawn And Made Sure Everything Looked Good Before The Grass Started Really Growing. Most Said Fine. Did Issue A Few Credits To Keep A Couple Hot Heads

jerryo
04-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I Just did my second mowing today, but I know it was only because I had fertilized two weeks ago. Meanwhile Im waiting by the phone for more referrals. Got a call for pavers last night, so feeling a little more optomistic .

Ocean county N.J.

Ol'time Lawncare
04-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I started up 2 weeks ago doing clean-ups,then the rain came acouple of days ago a messed everything up,lol. No work around here till late next week!

prizeprop
04-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Finished our last cleanup today and have also laid 30 yards of mulch on some homes.Some of the route needs cutting and will try to start that next week if its dry enough,or just do more mulch in between on the wet days.Phone is slow for new lawn estimates, no one is thinking yet.

SoloSulkySurfer
04-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Only cut two so far. Plenty of clean-ups to keep me busy though. I also cut my own tonight, hopefully we will get some warmer temps, to really get things going.

Pietro
04-14-2007, 02:17 AM
We cut this week. I just tell clients that the lawn is like their hair, and once it gets cut it will grow thicker and fuller. They dont mind. Besides, the lawns look much better with the stripes on em. -Pete, P&C Lawn and Landscaping

shade tree landscaping
04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
we have done a few clean ups, and started cutting yesturday (4/13) but with the rain and cold temps for the week ahead who knows when we will be in the full swin gof things with cutting.

http://www.shadetree-landscaping.com

RICHIE K
04-16-2007, 07:23 AM
We have cut all of our customers aready everyone who get spring cleanup automaticly get a cut when were do just looks nicer no one ever complains becuase its inclued in the spring c/u price they think there getting it for FREE but we will start full force when the rain stops