PDA

View Full Version : any insight!

ACA L&L
04-12-2007, 11:54 PM
hello all. I just picked up 5 toros 3 2 cycle, havnt gotten to those yet.

I also picked up two 4 cycle mowers. one honda one kawi.

I have gas and oil coming out of the muffler and gas in the dip stick? what needs to be done to this toi get it going. Its not even a season old, it starts but only for around 30 seconds? took muffler off it was full of gas ans so was the plug. any help would be great.

the honda needs some cables havnt been able to get that one going but the guy said he just had it going as he mowed his yard with it. how i have no idea, these two are in great shape the other ones start but need alot to be reliable, but ill save that for when i get into them. thanks for any help.:confused:

Bustus
04-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I would definitely changed the plug to start. Also the head gasket is probably gone by the sound of it.

MowerMedic77
04-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Remove the carb and clean out completely also inspect the float and needle and seat, change engine oil and clean out cylinder add fresh gas and new plug start unit and it will smoke like crazy until muffler clears out.

Restrorob
04-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Along with what MM said, Check the fuel tank for trash and clean if needed before hooking the fuel line back up to your nice clean carb.

mini14
04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
pull the carb like said above. then chang your oil and spark plug.