PDA

View Full Version : Rained out What to do?

Myk
04-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey guys need some input today I woke up and it rained all night and is raining today so I'm rained out normally if rain is in the forcast I mow anyways until it comes down on me now I'm not talking about a little drizzle I mean soak and wet. So my question is what do you guys do when your rained out? I can't stand staying home during the weekday and doing nothing. I feel like I got to get out and do something, but what, all my estimates are submitted my advertising is done for the year...... do I just need to stay home and relax or what? Thanks for the input

BQLC
04-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Play On Lawnsite

grassmanak
04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
equipment maintenance, more advertising, extra sleep, hookers, more advertising, billing.

cward
04-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey Grassmanak, be careful using the "h" word. I would sure hate for you to meet the same end as Don Imus. You might offend someone. I always pull maintenance and prospect new accounts on rainy days.

chris638
04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm sure grassmanak is not on the radio saying hookers, he is on a lawn website. I highly doubt that his customer's are on this website, so who is going to fire him? Imus didn't do anything illegal, just said some words that were very inappropriate. Not to mention he was joking around and it was a good idea.

Poncho25
04-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Hell if its raining out, I still will work! Unless i hear lightning i am out. This past tuesday we had some very much needed showers, I was soaked but got all my clients done, was a bit harder to blow the walkways and driveways but oh well :)

grassmanak
04-13-2007, 03:16 PM
hookers is a bar on the the upper west side

Myk
04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys for the input. Grassmanak you made me laugh my a$$ off I hadn't thought about Hookers (the bar). I'll keep that in mind next time I get rained out.

THEGOLDPRO
04-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Just take the day off

txgrassguy
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Dude, welcome the time away from the business.
Drink a few beers, score with the ol lady, make another kid.
And you need suggestions?

GardenDoorNW
04-13-2007, 10:11 PM
It started raining here in November and hasn't stopped yet. Get out there and mow.
Of course Texas' option sounds more relaxing.

GravyTrain
04-14-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm sure grassmanak is not on the radio saying hookers, he is on a lawn website. I highly doubt that his customer's are on this website, so who is going to fire him? Imus didn't do anything illegal, just said some words that were very inappropriate. Not to mention he was joking around and it was a good idea.
You would think that, but I found out not long ago that when my company name was googled, the second result that came up was a post that I made referring to the newness of my company, trying to get ideas on what email address to use. Sadly, on the internet, you are not always nearly as anonymous as you might think. Luckily, I was able to have one of the admins delete the post I mentioned above and since then (not including this post which does not include my company name) I have been very careful what information I share.

accuratelawn
04-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm in Springfield also. I got four done yesterday. You afraid of a little moisture? Just kidding. Light rain does not stop me, but when it's 40, windy and raining, that's different.
The cold weather slowed down the growth, so getting caught up should not be too bad next week.

xtrim
04-14-2007, 02:46 PM
You would think that, but I found out not long ago that when my company name was googled, the second result that came up was a post that I made referring to the newness of my company, trying to get ideas on what email address to use. Sadly, on the internet, you are not always nearly as anonymous as you might think. Luckily, I was able to have one of the admins delete the post I mentioned above and since then (not including this post which does not include my company name) I have been very careful what information I share.

Just don't use your company name on LawnSite, or anywhere that u think can harm your company's name. But if you are smart about it, you can use it towards you company's advantage. 90% of my customers are online based, found my company online, we bill them online, we offer them services through email. We are working with few software engineers to better up our website.

As to what to do when it rains... rest, cuz when it ain't raining its work time.