PDA

View Full Version : Rock Install

A-1 Affordable Lawn Care
04-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm installing small rock in the customers old mulch beds and around two goldfish ponds. Its about 850 sq ft that the rock needs to be spread on.The customer is still deciding what color rock so I don't know how much the rock will be. Besides the rock price what do you charge for delivering and installing the rock? Thanks and hope you all do well!:usflag:

A-1 Affordable Lawn care

tthomass
04-13-2007, 11:47 PM
$100 per yard/ton if not more than $30 per yard/ton........+ delivery/gas/headache/back.........if its river jack and $110 per yard/ton as it is here then I'd be putting it down for $200 per yard/ton. I'm not in your area but what the heck.

BURN THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR BRAIN:
Best advice...........what is your daily over head? Figure that FIRST then see what you need to bring in each day. Is this a 1/2 day or 1 day job and charge accordingly. If its a 1/2 day then line up another 1/2 day job to get your full day. Know where you need to be ($) each day, week, month and you'll grow.

sheshovel
04-14-2007, 05:29 AM
That is good advice to a point. I mean if he just bought two new $7000.00 mowers and has a lot of stuff he is paying for on credit, or his biz is deep in debt, he can't expect his client to have to pay for the fact that he is spending money he does not have. His overhead is high but that is not his clients problem correct?
Yes, you charge for delivery depending on how far you have to go to pick up the rock. Also you charge labor according to site conditions, how far will you have to move the rock to the areas where it will be spread? Uphill? What equipment if any do you have at your disposal? Depends upon your area too.
The going rate here is $65.00 to 80.00 a yard to move rock, labor only.