PDA

View Full Version : Is that it with Buckner?

Mike Leary
04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Looking at replacing solenoids & diaphragms on 1" plastic/w flow control.
Any after market folk out there?

Wet_Boots
04-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Why aftermarket? Buckner is still alive, more or less.

PurpHaze
04-14-2007, 12:48 AM
They're owned by Storm now, I think.

We still have some old Buckner brass valves in the ground (actually sidewalks) at a couple of older schools. They make a solenoid for them and there's even a "universal" solenoid on the market.

irrig8r
04-14-2007, 12:49 AM
The plastic 1" are called the VP series and sold at Ewing along with 1.5" and 2" (under their Landscape Products banner I think).

I went to get diaphragms for a couple last year and found they weren't available.... but the valve itself is still cheap, under $15.

As it turned out, it was a waste of time becauswe the valve or diaphragm had been slightly redesigned to the point where replacing diaphragm and bonnet didn't do the trick... I ripped out the two old valves and put in Superior 450 instead.

If I was putting in a new 1" plastic valve, and budget was a big issue, I'd go with a Superior or the Irrigation Direct 1" valve for under $10. If those aren't available to you I'd probably go with a DVF.

Buckner and Superior have the same parent company (Storm), but I've always had better results with Superior valves.