PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new trailer like this....

The mayor
04-13-2007, 10:08 PM
looking for a new trailer like this with the high sides but closer to Wisconsin. Any help would be great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-64-x16-Landscape-Trailer-in-Texas_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80770QQihZ014QQitemZ330109174770QQrdZ1

KS_Grasscutter
04-13-2007, 10:13 PM
WHAT is the advantage of a trailer like that? You have ALL of the aspects of an enclosed trailer that are a pain in the @$$, but you have NONE of the benefits. Plus that thing has GOT to weigh lots more then a regular trailer or an enclosed trailer. Why not either get a real enclosed trailer if you want your stuff secure, of if security isn't much of an issue get an open trailer with some good TrimmerTrap racks for small equipment.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Jeez, the money we are out on fuel and you want to pull that heavy trailer,i have never understood the high sides do a enclosed.

git-r-done
04-13-2007, 11:13 PM
the trailer is made by big tex. dont listen to the other guys go with whats going to fit your need great for spring and fall cleanups

pclawncare
04-13-2007, 11:40 PM
I have a trailer almost exactly like that a little different as far as the storage boxes on the side but i like that idea. Man i love this thing for fall when im doing fall clean ups with tons of leave on big yards i can just take one of my walkers and dump all my leave straight into the trailer and with the 4' sides the trailer will hold so many leaves. I could not believe. So to answer your question KS you can stack tons of leaves on the trailer or if you have excessive amounts of grass such as scalping season you can really pack it in the trailer. I have a side gate on my trailer that will hold my walker cross wase and i put up a 3' high piece of ply wood to hold the grass back and dumped tons of grass in the rear of the trailer. Also handy if you need to move furniture or other items you dont have to worry about them falling over the side of the trailer on the road

KS_Grasscutter
04-13-2007, 11:48 PM
I have a trailer almost exactly like that a little different as far as the storage boxes on the side but i like that idea. Man i love this thing for fall when im doing fall clean ups with tons of leave on big yards i can just take one of my walkers and dump all my leave straight into the trailer and with the 4' sides the trailer will hold so many leaves. I could not believe. So to answer your question KS you can stack tons of leaves on the trailer or if you have excessive amounts of grass such as scalping season you can really pack it in the trailer. I have a side gate on my trailer that will hold my walker cross wase and i put up a 3' high piece of ply wood to hold the grass back and dumped tons of grass in the rear of the trailer. Also handy if you need to move furniture or other items you dont have to worry about them falling over the side of the trailer on the road

I can see where it would be real handy for leaves, I am just glad I aint the one shoveling them all out:laugh: .

The mayor
04-14-2007, 12:42 AM
WHAT is the advantage of a trailer like that? You have ALL of the aspects of an enclosed trailer that are a pain in the @$$, but you have NONE of the benefits. Plus that thing has GOT to weigh lots more then a regular trailer or an enclosed trailer. Why not either get a real enclosed trailer if you want your stuff secure, of if security isn't much of an issue get an open trailer with some good TrimmerTrap racks for small equipment.

And the question is....Looking for a trailer like this. No help here.:dizzy:

pclawncare
04-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Sorry i cant help you out i know where you can get them from in oklahoma but that doesnt help you much sorry. I would look for lanscaping trailers thats what everyone around here calls them

The mayor
04-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Sorry i cant help you out i know where you can get them from in oklahoma but that doesnt help you much sorry. I would look for lanscaping trailers thats what everyone around here calls them

Everyone of those trailers with the high sides I see for sale is always from the south. They are just not popular around here. I have one open landscape trailer that I put wooden high sides on for all the clean ups. Just looking for a second so I can get one more crew out for work in the fall and the one on ebay looked perfect for my needs.

2 clowns mowing
04-14-2007, 06:49 AM
i have a 6.5X16 foot for sale see pictures will drive part way to help with delivery. selling for $2500 my e-mail is bizmarkdroops@yahoo.com

2 clowns mowing
04-14-2007, 07:06 AM
it won't let me post my pictures send me your e-mail and i will forward pictures to you

POPO4995
04-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I use to have a 7x12 Big Tex Trailer with 6' mesh sides and it was the best damn trailer ever! Check out my trailer dealer, they sell Big-Tex and should have a few on the lot in different sizes, or they can order you one. Good Luck!:waving:

NITE Equipment
Pecatonica, IL (815) 239-9096
www.niteequip.com