PDA

View Full Version : Wright Standers?

Paul Andrews
07-31-2001, 05:29 PM
I am 16 and have a 48 w/b Bobcat and 36 w/b John Deere. I am considering on buying a 52 inch Wright Stander because I want to expand my business the rest of this year and for next year. What are your opinions on buying one of these because all I here on this website is about ZTR's ? Are these good machines? I know they're better than Great Dane Super Surfers but with the size of my residential and commercial lawns I think a 52 is just the right size. Should I get just the 17hp Kawsaki or spend the extra and get the 23 they offer?
I know some people are addicted to riding on a ZTR but I think with a Stander you can be more observant when mowing. My ultimate plan is to get some kind of 60 inch ZTR, the 52 stander ,and a 36 w/b to be able to mow anything that comes up . OK , I stop jabbering, tell me what you think.

Andrews' Lawn and Landscape

BerksLawn
07-31-2001, 05:55 PM
We dont own one but i know a guy that has had one for the last two years with small problems and he puts alot of abuse on it. From what i have heard its alot better then the Great Dane Super Surfer but with either one its hard to get under trees with it. Why dont u just get a 60" ztr and put a velke on your 48".

Steve

vipermanz
08-01-2001, 03:44 AM
True, Their not heard about much around here

Schlepie
08-01-2001, 10:40 PM
I've looked at the wright stander, you still have to change the height of the cut with the spacers. Unless you get the Sentar, then you can change it easily. Most ZTRs have the ability to do this from the sitting position . Just my 2 cents worth.

Schlepie
08-01-2001, 10:41 PM
I forgot to mention , the Super Surfer has a floating deck with easy height adjustments.

fivestarlawnken
08-01-2001, 11:53 PM
sounds like you already have some nice equip. already having a 48 if you can afford it go ahead and go for a 60 ztr and possibly get a sulky hook up for the two other mowers if they can handle it...if you go for the wright stander 52 go with the 17 hp its enough 23 is a big engine for those little things (remember more power more turf damage) my three cents...good luck:rolleyes:

Ssouth
08-02-2001, 12:14 AM
Fivestar, just curious. How does more power = more turf damage? I'm asking because I've always heard you can never have enough power.

Not trying to slam you, just wondering why.

fivestarlawnken
08-02-2001, 12:31 AM
ssouth,we all have views how about more possibility for turf damage(reworded)some examples larger engine naturally it weighs more,with increase in engine output more tire speed is present. it all boils down to how you run your equip and how much you care about clients yards. :rolleyes: