PDA

View Full Version : charging fuel

corey1977
04-14-2007, 08:45 AM
hello I was just checking to see how of you people in this business charge there fuel and pay the bill once a month I have applyed for a wright express card that way im not locked in to one fule station do you people think its a good idear to have a fuel card that can be uses at %90 of the gas stations in the country?

Grassmechanic
04-14-2007, 10:54 AM
I charge my fuel on an Advanta Business MC. 5% cash back on all fuel purchases.

Myk
04-14-2007, 11:02 AM
I charge my fuel on a regular credit card that way anywhere I'm at I can stop and fill up....Then if an expensive problem comes up I can use the same card. All for the buisness that way its easy for me to keep track off. Now Grassmechanic gave me an idea about 5% cash back on fuel I could use that.

twj721
04-14-2007, 01:25 PM
put ours on a Chase/United card and get airline miles works good have got 2 ecomony to business class upgrades on two of our 3 overseas flights business clas a lot better on a 10 hr flight

topsites
04-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes, I use Watchcard Fleet fuel, it's tied into CFN (Commercial Fueling Network)...
Now I find the quality is that of the station so it needs watching, but the benefits are:

- Away from the crowds = less bs at the pump, almost never wait in line.
- Free mpg calculation, the whole month in a neat statement, per truck and equipment, categorized however you like.
- No $ meter at the pump = less interference, just fill'er up.
- PIN-protected = Only you can use the card for fuel.
- Biofuels, Diesel, and some offroad fuels also available (depends on station, mostly offroad diesel, possibly farming mixes).

The biggest benefit:
- Monthly billing = grace period + pay with credit card = another grace period.
> Get the bill, then pay for it after the credit card's cycle = another month.
>> In a week I have to pay for February's fuel, and charge March, what I use now isn't due until May, when it's due I charge that and pay the credit balance off in June. Careful with the dates, don't let the interest slap you.