PDA

View Full Version : Is my pump dead?

mosmgras
04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Ok,

I have a small pressure washer (Crapsman) 5.5 hp/2.5 gpm. I got a really great deal on it and use it to wash my equipment. Here's the thing, a few days ago, it stopped reducing pressure when I release the trigger. In order to keep the engine running, I have to hold the trigger. Every time I release the trigger, the engine bogs down and stops. I take it that this is a pump problem. Is this something I can fix or is it time for a new one? Thanks guys.

Jason Rose
04-14-2007, 02:24 PM
we need to get our 2 pumps together... I have the same pressure washer, and mine reduces pressure fine, but mine won't go back to pressure when I pull the trigger! Drives me nuts, I have to keep the thing blasting all the time, cause if I let off the trigger I have to go over and flip the water off for a couple seconds and then back on to get it to pressure up again.

FCPWLLC
04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Sounds like an unloader problem. A machine like that would be better to just replace vs fixing.

mosmgras
04-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Sounds like an unloader problem. A machine like that would be better to just replace vs fixing.

Yea... I was afraid of that.

Oh well, it's been good to me for a while. I just looked at Northern's Northstar Professional Series, 3 gpm - 3200 psi, 9 hp Honda unit. Looks like it comes with a Cat pump. $900 and tax. Holy smoke... I have $150 in the one that just died. Guess I'm over due for an upgrade.

FCPWLLC
04-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Here is great place to buy a machine. Bob is a great guy and has the best customer service. He can answer questions that others can't.

http://www.pressuretek.com/directdrive.html