PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my almost finished truck?

6DoubleDuece
04-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Here is a pic of the truck I just put together. I will post a few more when I get a chance.

mcwlandscaping
04-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Did you fab the lift mechanism yourself? Looks good!! :)

Gravel Rat
04-15-2007, 12:37 AM
How much did the hooklift system cost ?

A system that size in CND funds is pushing 20 grand without any boxes.

Hard to tell is that a single or dual pivot system ?

6DoubleDuece
04-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks. No, I didn't build I just put it all together and I added a few things. It is a stellar industries hook lift.

GR. You are right usually it would cost you about 18K USA to get one of these lifts. So when I saw this truck for 14K I had to buy it. It needed some work but it's a 97 with a powerstroke. It has a power Jib.

Thanks Brenden

tthomass
04-15-2007, 01:12 PM
So how much can you haul with its current weight?

DUSTYCEDAR
04-15-2007, 01:33 PM
ITS has a 15 gvw so 3 tons maby a little more would be my guess

tthomass
04-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't know the weight of the system...........prob 4,000lbs? + the cab and chasis

6DoubleDuece
04-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Depends in what container I have on at the time but between 4-6k legally :rolleyes:

I think it's hard to make out in the pic but it also has a set of airbags. I have hauled much more.

I will try to get a few pictures with my flat bed and my skid in the back when I get get a chance.

Thanks
Brenden

6DoubleDuece
04-15-2007, 02:29 PM
The lift weighs 1640 pounds. The containers weigh from 1800-3600 pounds.

tthomass
04-15-2007, 03:53 PM
where did you find it? trucktrader?

ed2hess
04-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Boy that box looks awfully big for that truck frame....surely can't haul a full box of rocks for example?

Gravel Rat
04-15-2007, 07:33 PM
The "FSuperduty" trucks can haul 7000lbs total load fairly easy I have had more on my 3 I had. The problem with the F-Superduty trucks is you run out of braking power. It is why I went to a 2003 F-450 because they have brakes designed for a 19,000lb GVW F-550.

I thought about a hooklift or a system like the switch and go but there isn't enough work to justify the expense. The only rolloff trucks that make money is tandem axle trucks that haul 40 yard bins.

6DoubleDuece
04-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I found the truck at a local lot. He was calling it a dump truck.:laugh:

I really haven't had a problem with the brakes on this truck. They are leaps and bounds better than a regular one ton's brakes. I think part of that is the tranny I had built for this truck. It has a lot of upgrades and I speced out a lower stall super heavy converter. That with the exhaust brake, I should have no problem with any thing I should be hauling.

With the container in the pic I only rent out for houshold cleanup's construction waste, and landscape debris. I have a container with 2' sides and a 3/16's floor that I use for concrete and the like.

I am going to get a few more pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks
Brenden

6DoubleDuece
04-16-2007, 01:12 AM
here is a few more shots of the truck and the 12x8x4 container I will post more shortly.

Gravel Rat
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Do you have a cover for the batteries I know the DOT will pinch you for that.

Truck looks good you lucked out and found a truck with a hooklift not many around that are forsale. If I wanted one I would have to buy new used are non existant in B.C.

6DoubleDuece
04-16-2007, 08:40 PM
thanks, No I don't have a cover on the batt's yet. I am going to put a aluminium tool box there and put them inside of it.

I was building a 1991 F-Superduty with a set of rails and a winch For the mini bin bussiness I am starting. Then along came this truck so I jumped on it.

Anybody else on here doing the mini bin rentals as a side thing?

Thanks
Brenden

Guzman Properties
04-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Very nice truck, good luck with it.

Gravel Rat
04-16-2007, 10:48 PM
I have been in the junk removal business for 14 years I started with a 1/2 ton truck. I always thought about a mini bin truck but with out landfill rules being so strict mixed loads can't be hauled in. Any load of mixed garbage that I haul with my truck its sorted into wood-metal and garbage.

If you show up with a bin with a mixed load of garbage it is charged out at 160 to 270 dollars a ton plus minimum 100 dollars per hour for the landfill staff to sort your load. You show up with 4000lbs of construction debris that is supposed to have only wood but it has old concrete mixed in it your looking at 540 dollars plus another 200 dollars for the landfill staff to pick the concrete out.

Only thing that is buried in our landfill is house hold garbage any wood products is ground up with a tub grinder,scrap metal is recycled and used drywall is recycled.

The companies with 40 yard bins won't haul away the bin if its a mixed load they will dump it out in your yard and make you sort the material. They charge you a fee for dumping the bin in your yard and charge you a fee to come and get the full bin.

6DoubleDuece
04-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I know what you mean I live in california's bay area. You should see all the crap I have been going through just to be able to rent these out. I have been working on the goverment crap since october of last year and I am just about to see daylight!

Here they don't want mixed loads either. They don't even want cardboard in your loads.

There is a local company that sorts the debris and charges $69.00per ton. But they cannot take garbage which is classified as food waste, because of the city. I can take most loads to them.

I have two dumpsters at at RV parks and I have to take them to the local dump which charges $83.00 per ton.

Brenden

Gravel Rat
04-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh I can imagine you have some pretty strict rules in communist California :laugh:

More we can recycle longer the landfills will be operating. The days are gone when you used to beable to bury everything. Our local landfill stopped cardboard from being dumped in the landfill too.

I tell my customers I have to sort the stuff I load on my truck they just don't understand that you don't dump everything into one pile. I say to them either you pay the money at the dump or you pay me to sort your debris you want hauled away.

I also have to watch out for the dangerous goods that are not legal to be dumped. Allot of these old people have chemicals that were used years ago but are not legal to be disposed of now. Another thing is used drywall if its wet I can't haul it because once its wet the gov't classes it as a caustic substance. I tell the homeowner you have to try deal with that on your own they say its just drywall (gypsum) I say its wet drywall "legally" its hazardous waste.

A hoolift or a rolloff would be more for a convenience for me to load a bin on the ground than trying to load a truck that is 4 feet off the ground.

6DoubleDuece
04-17-2007, 12:52 AM
It's a fact you can't beat ground level loading:)

Thats why the hook lift works so well you can have a seperate container for each material.

6DoubleDuece
04-17-2007, 01:54 AM
or get a container like this

6DoubleDuece
04-21-2007, 02:32 AM
that container is has hinged doors so you can sort materials and dump them seperatly.

I will try to load up my skid this weekend and get some pictures uploaded.

Brenden