PDA

View Full Version : Echo Backpack Sprayer Help (tips)

GravelyGuy
04-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I purchased this sprayer a few weeks ago to use for my apps. this year.

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=SHR-210&Category=SPRAYER

The spray tip that comes with it is high pressure and not intended for lawn apps. I went to the Echo dealer and they told me that all of the other 6 tips have been discontinued. They are not made at all.

What should I do? This thing is useless for me with this tip. I thought about trying to bore the little holes out a little, but I'm sure that won't work out.

Thanks...

teeca
04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
you can buy tips at tractor supply, just got some today as a matter of fact. i use the tp8004, gives about .5gal per min. i think i might go with a .75gal - 1.0gal min. with that sprayer. i used a sparyer like that for aquatics, worked ok till' the pump went out from the copper sulfate and cost more to repair then buy a new one. you might have to modify the wond alittle to get the pressure under control, like install a valve to limit flow, that will also help with agitation (not very good from factory).

GravelyGuy
04-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks, I will check there. Do the tips thread right on or do you have to change something?

teeca
04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
that i cant remember, what i would do is buy a new hose/wand and install it right on the unit, they are even on sale $18.90, i was going to get one for my PG, but i've spent enough on it this week! take your sprayer in the store with you so you can get ALL the correct fittings/valves the first time. on the spray tips, look on the back of the box, it will give you the flow of water @ certin pressures.

GravelyGuy
04-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I never thought of just replacing the whole wand. Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do.