PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have a business partner?

jerryo
04-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi I was just wondering how many LCO'S operate with a partner and is it normal to spat a lot?

THEGOLDPRO
04-14-2007, 06:17 PM
do a search

DBL
04-14-2007, 08:11 PM
me and my brother go at it all the time but its nothing too serious

JD GROUND SERVICE LLC
04-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Im in a partnership and so far the last 2 years it has worked out. Just make sure you have an agreement in place or you can get into serious trouble. I get the final say in ours but dont use it ignorantly. Someone has to be the final say so that a decision is made right or wrong.

JJLandscapes
04-14-2007, 08:56 PM
going 4 years strong in landscaping partnership.. Everyone on this forum will tell you partnerships are bad but they arent... There are just to many stupid people who partner with the wrong people and very very hard to find someone with same worth ethic and goals as you

Find someone who can excel in every field of the business that you cant.

Dont partner with someone because you known them for 5 years and consider them a "friend"

My wholesale business is also a partnership with my brother.. not one is easier than the other. You will always run into problems and fights you need to just get over it and remember why you started the business with that person in the first place

DuraCutter
04-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi I was just wondering how many LCO'S operate with a partner and is it normal to spat a lot?

I have a partnership. Of sorts. My office manager has a lot of say in the business. She brings good common sense to everyday decisions but is not really a partner. It's the best of both worlds, good advice, and when it comes to it, I'll decide in the end. I do listen a lot and often she's right, so it's give and take. I believe if you find the right person, male or female, a business partner does not need to be "real", it can be an employee!!

:)

SDNCLAWNCARE
04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I do not have a business partner! Here are the top three reasons why I do not!

1. Its my business to run, and I'm a control freak

2. I make the decisions

3. Its my fault if the business fails! NOBODY ELSE'S

txgrassguy
04-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Nope, and hopefully never will.
As SD said, and I agree with #'s 2 and 3, although I am not a control freak.
Some posters here have good relationships with partners yet this is obviously a decision you have to make.
All of this said, I do have professional relationships with bankers, trade personnel and my staff. When considering expansion, capitalization issues or for matters pertaining to increasing efficiency, having knowledgeable people to discuss things with is nice, I still do not want a partner.