PDA

View Full Version : dump trailer

bobcatnj
04-14-2007, 07:00 PM
what brand of dump trailers are you guys using? i was looking at a bri-mar 6x14/ 14k trailer for 8000.00

FearThisDeere
04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I have a CAM-Superline and love it. I use it for hauling horse manure. It is in use every day of the week. Works great and has held up really well. The only problem I have had is that the jack stripped itself out on the inside, but it was a defect and partially my fault. The battery also dies after only 14 months, but it gets used a lot. I have no clue what the prices are now, but I bought a 2005 6x10' with a 12.5K GVW lowbed for around $4700 out the door. I know the prices have gone up a ton in the last few years because of the steel coasts and everything else.

mosmgras
04-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Loadtrail 6.5 x 14 goose neck, 14k. Came with built in ramps to load equipment. Hauls a 3130 Kubota or T250 Bobcat great. I paid $6k.

Hiwire
04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
We use all Brimars. We have a 14/102 dump and it has held up very well. We also have a 14/102 low profile open trailer that we tow bobcats with. The Brimars are a bit more pricey but Im pretty sure that 8K for that trailer is too high. Look around and I bet you can find the same trailer for less. Good luck.
Ray

bobcatnj
04-15-2007, 10:10 AM
anyone had the higher sides on them? how much more are you carrying ton/yard wise?

bobcatnj
04-15-2007, 10:11 AM
had = add in above post

Hiwire
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
We put tall sides on our dump and can fit close to 10 yds of mulch on it but thats a wider trailer than you are looking at. Look at BriMar's dealer locator and follow the links to their dealers and check out inventory. I think I just saw the trailer you are talking about recently at a dealer's site in NY. A new 2005 was on sale for like 6995. Ill see if I can find it.
Ray

bobcatnj
04-15-2007, 12:25 PM
yea let me know

Hiwire
04-15-2007, 12:38 PM
http://www.mantelli.com/rv/inv_details.asp?MtsStockNo=05%2D45169
There ya go! Looks like a good deal to me if thats what you are looking for.
Ray

bobcatnj
04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
yea thats what looking for but its about 14 hours travel time to there and back, alittle 2 far for me

Hiwire
04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
You think you are going to eat up a $1000 savings in that drive? Maybe with fuel, and tolls it wouldnt be worth the difference. Id keep looking at dealers from Bri-Mar's dealer locator. Maybe you can find a similar deal closer. Good luck.
Ray

Potomac Lawns Inc.
04-15-2007, 01:32 PM
We have an EZ-DUMPER 7x14 works great
http://www.ez-dumper.com/proddetail.asp?id=7

lawnman757
04-15-2007, 02:04 PM
I have a 7 x 14 pj trailer that works great. Fayetteville trailer sales in PA.

FearThisDeere
04-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Here is a pic of my sides. They are 6.5' tall. I can hold 10-12 yards. It is overkill for most people, but for my needs (hauling wood shavings) it works great. I bult the sides, doors, and roof for a little over $600 with all the hardware and everything.

nitro1253
04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Heres my homesteader 12 ft 12k, I got it in NJ for 6000 out the door a few days ago. Didnt get e real heavy load yet to really test it

mverick
04-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I've got one of these.

http://www.griffintrailers.com/id3.html

Nice unit. I've had 19,500 in it and it dumped fine. Putting a track cat on it was fun. LOL...

BMFL79
04-19-2007, 12:19 AM
I have a belmont. It looks pretty close to the others listed here. I have the 10K gvw model. Dual tailgate, twin piston, d-rings, etc. 6K out the door. I had a nomenco 10K dump trailer that was in an accident last year. It wasn't as sturdy as these or ez dumper models.

Belmont puts torflex axles on their dump trailers. They make for a pretty smooth ride.

http://belmontmachine.com/trailer_dump.htm

Travel'n Trees
04-19-2007, 12:29 AM
For 8k wouldn't it be easier to get dump truck? It really depends on what you are going to use it for.

SinjonAssociates
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I have an 76"x14'x3'h Big Tex Gooseneck Dump 14k Gvwr(9575#payload) with slideout ramps. If you are hauling heavy loads constantly gooseneck is the only way to go. I payed $9k before taxes.
George

Hiwire
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
The nice thing about a trailer as opposed to a truck is the lower maintanance and flexibility. If you are doing cleanups or shoveling to offload, a trailer is the way to go. Many of the dump trailers can double as a way to transport a skid steer also. Brimar even makes a deck over that the sides come off so you can load pallets from the side. Dollar for Dollar a decent dump trailer can be a pretty good investment if its what you need.
Ray

Brett's Cutting Edge
04-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a griffen and the think is like a tank the way its built. Just got it last night and i would recomend them to anyone as seeing the type of versatility that it has.

bahamamills
04-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Travel'n Trees For 8k wouldn't it be easier to get dump truck? It really depends on what you are going to use it for.

The other BIG difference in what Hiwire mentioned is In$urance. If you don't need the trailer for the job you can leave it. I know others who actually use their Dump trailers to haul their equipment.

When you add the maintenance, higher fuel cost Insurance with liability a trailer is probably a better option. That being said I would really love to have a dump truck when needed:laugh:

Brett's Cutting Edge
04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
That was my first option was to get a dump truck but they are not as easy to load, cant put equipment in them, insurance, gas, ect. For me a dump trailer was the best option for the time. Maybe if I'll get one in a few years.

Brett's Cutting Edge
04-19-2007, 11:46 AM
If any one is in michigan I would highly recomend Becks Trailer sales out of St. John Michigan www.becksmarine.com

Travel'n Trees
04-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm confused a trailer is easier to unload? I would rent one from hertz and try it. It is atleast 4x as fast shorter more manuverable, gets in tighter spots can actually go across a established yard easier, Bahama don't drive the truck if you don't need it. get a flat bed trailer and haul trees easier and equipment. My loader barely fits in my dump trailers and can't balance tongue weight at all. I can't a auger or spade with it also looks kind of unprofessional when the trucks rear wheels go 2 feet in the air while trying to load the skid steer. Because the trailer is too tall and my John Deere 270 is too heavy. Hiwire the truck is why you don't shovel unload.

mverick
04-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm confused a trailer is easier to unload? I would rent one from hertz and try it. It is atleast 4x as fast shorter more manuverable, gets in tighter spots can actually go across a established yard easier, Bahama don't drive the truck if you don't need it. get a flat bed trailer and haul trees easier and equipment. My loader barely fits in my dump trailers and can't balance tongue weight at all. I can't a auger or spade with it also looks kind of unprofessional when the trucks rear wheels go 2 feet in the air while trying to load the skid steer. Because the trailer is too tall and my John Deere 270 is too heavy. Hiwire the truck is why you don't shovel unload.

Most of my jobs have a lot of rock or mulch. I bring the track cat, load the trailer, dump trailer into bucket, dump bucket into a concrete buggy......have one with tracks and one with wheels......... and buggy mulch or rock to spot to dump. Buggy's can carry up to 1500lbs. So, not as many trips. Just have to be carefull on soft turf. Sometimes I use plywood.

A dump truck that would dump straight into a buggy would be nice. But, on jobs I usually need more then a truck would carry.

It is funny when you unload a 8000lb track cat out of the dump. Yep, rear wheels of the truck off the ground. Why they don't put drop legs on them I never understood. I don't have any problems balancing the load though.

I also have a tilt trailer that can haul the track cat and my mini excavator. That is a balancing act to load. LOL.. Usually track cat in the dump. But, it is nice to haul both and pick up a load to start the job with.

Airbags on trucks are your best friend by the way. Have them on all my trucks.

Travel'n Trees
04-20-2007, 12:55 AM
I use to run Air bags had one wear and blow so I went and had my springs re arched and a few extras put in and when they sent me the new bags I never put them back on.

mverick
04-20-2007, 01:03 AM
I use to run Air bags had one wear and blow so I went and had my springs re arched and a few extras put in and when they sent me the new bags I never put them back on.

Yea, re arched spring will de arch though. Putting in extra's is good. Or just buy the heavier ones. I used to rearch them for 4x4's but they'd almost always sag in a year. But it ain't instant like a blown bag.

I use a half ton. Air the bags up and it tows. Drop the air and it rides like a caddy. LOL..

A blown bag would stink though. What brand. Air lift is supposed to haul more. Seen tests on them. I have the Fire Stones in one and Air lifts on the others.

bahamamills
04-20-2007, 08:03 AM
TNT I was not referring to a skid steer loader and would never try that at least without the right truck to haul it. I was talking about something much smaller and turf safe as well. With this setup I have dropped off the tractor and then drive off to get the mulch/top soil and then right back.

But yes I have seen even the Suburbans a$$ end right up in the air loading a skid steer before on a flat bed.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/bahamamills/DSC04834.jpg

tnmtn
04-20-2007, 08:44 PM
just rented a dump trailer made by "Rice". it had the deck over the axles and was rated to 12,000#. i am sold. i overloaded it and it still rode and dumped fine. brakes on it were excellant as well. i have before rented ez dumper dump trailers and i feel the Rice trailer was much higher quality. i believe they are made in Oklahoma. i don't need a dump often so i will be going the trailer route shortly.
good luck,

Ramairfreak98ss
04-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Heres my homesteader 12 ft 12k, I got it in NJ for 6000 out the door a few days ago. Didnt get e real heavy load yet to really test it

Nitro, is that WITH the wooden built up sides too? What dealer did you go to for that? Im looking for one 6k or less :)

nitro1253
04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
bry's marine in neptune nj. it was without the sides but they only cost me about 175 for the supplies to build them. it is dual piston, ramps and d-rings for machines, trickle charger built in and all that good stuff.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks, well i think next week im getting one, 12-14' long as it holds 8-12k thats fine.. Mostly id haul mulch, some stone/sand and dirt or fill dirt, which would be pretty heavy too.

rfed32
04-28-2007, 11:08 AM
ringo 5x10 deck over

leaflandscape
04-28-2007, 01:58 PM
We run Miska trailers, they're made in Hamilton. Ours have 2-way back doors that open as barn door (great for loading skids or unloading into wheelbarrows/dumping), or as fold down gates for the bobcat. The trailer is incredible, we use it almost every day without worrying too much about the paint.

Ramairfreak98ss
05-05-2007, 11:35 PM
well after looking into them quite a bit, this is what i bought the other day... compared to others ive seen and prices ive seen, i think this thing was a pretty good deal considering the size, weight, jack, lights, ramps, tarp kit and high front ... I wish they sat a little lower to the ground, seems most have 1-2' clearance under them aside from the axles themselves, the lower it would sit the faster i could load it with the loader and not have to lift it so high.

http://www.mediacampingctr.com/database/inventory_item.asp?id=374805

and the pictures i took ... http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/558938662wfIyjZ?track_pagetag=/page/photo/homegarden/homegarden&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullAlbum

bahamamills
05-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!