PDA

View Full Version : Buying Lawncare Business

KUSTOMLAWNCARE
04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Looking at buying out another lco I already have about 23 clients and this guy has 25 total client with contracts. 14 commercial and 11 residential. I have been in many meetings with this guy and he does have a very good name in the community. The res. accounts bring in around $13,482 and the commercials bring in around $48,107.20 none of these are with spring or fall cleanups. He is really into the landscape business now and just cant trust nobody with the lawncare part of it all. We have non competing factors drawn up and I have seen all the accounts and he said we will go and meet everybody face to face before money exchanges hands. I have all records for the last three years and this years contracts in hand. Just wanted to know how many other people would jump at the chance to buy this for $10,500.00 and if there is anything I need to be asking or looking for in this process. It is pretty much a done deal just looking for advice on what I might not be asking. The price does not include equipment just accounts rec. with contracts some with a three year contract. THANKS Kustom

NewHorizon's Land
04-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I would take it if you had the money. $10,500 for over $60k in work sounds good to me. Could you sell spring and fall cleanup to these customers? If yes that makes it that much better. JMO

KUSTOMLAWNCARE
04-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Yes spring and fall cleanups are done now by the lco it just wasnt put in on the sheets. but the 06 fall cleanup was $3,358.00 and the 07 spring cleanup was $1609.50 but yes I will be doing all that and I will be recieving about 72 snow removal account if I want them not sure dont have any equipment for the snow .was just looking on ebay for some trucks.

amtrucker22
04-14-2007, 11:22 PM
We just bought a company out that was grossing about $70k. We paid more. I think if you do your due diligence you should be in great shape.

NewHorizon's Land
04-15-2007, 09:43 AM
I wouldnt think twice. You could always sub the snow removal out to him if he will take it.