PDA

View Full Version : New company shirts

racer56
04-14-2007, 11:14 PM
We are going to get some new company shirts soon and wanted to get some input on a few ideas. One company here has shirts that look like billboards. These shirts are kind of a list of services and phone number on the back of the shirt and companyname in big letters on the front. Our current shirts t-shirts and golf shirt just have our company name on the upper left corner of the front of the shirt. I thought it looked more professional but twice this year alone I have been in a garden center and saw someone come right up to one of the guys from the billboard shirt company and start asking his advice and once ended up getting a job out of it right on the spot. Makes me thing hey lady I've been standing here for 5 minutes right next to you, did you just not see the name on my shirt? I would guess she didn't. Anyway thinking of going the direction of the billboard shirts for at least the t-shirts. I really only wear the golf shirt after work somewhere or to meet someone for a big job.
What do you guys have on your shirts? Do you agree this is the way to go? We sponcered a local soccer team this year and the shirts got all messed up so the guy said anytime we wanted he would do as many shirts and jackets, hats ... as we wanted for his cost of the tiem itself and free set up and printing. Needless to say I want to take advantage of this before things change.

mirrorlandscapes
04-14-2007, 11:26 PM
What do you guys have on your shirts? Do you agree this is the way to go? We sponcered a local soccer team this year and the shirts got all messed up so the guy said anytime we wanted he would do as many shirts and jackets, hats ... as we wanted for his cost of the tiem itself and free set up and printing. Needless to say I want to take advantage of this before things change.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's a great deal. We've got our company name on the front left with individual names on the front right. On the back it looks something like this:

Mirror Landscapes

Industrial, Commercial & Residentail
Lawn Care & Landscaping

Phone #

Not too much advertising, but enough that people notice.

workinallthetime
04-15-2007, 01:52 AM
mine says on the back

LAWNS
LANDSCAPE
TRACTOR WORK
PHONE NUMBER (DIFFERENT PRINT)
COMAPNY NAME LLC

on the front
company name over left tit

i went with the exact same design as my signs. I read an article that said people only read 3 things on a sign after that its just wasted ink, to much ink is a wasted sign. i even went with the same color scheme as my signs just a lighter shade of yellow for the shirts.
lol i just remembered i took the proof from the sign guy to the shirt shop so they are prett much identical except for the safty yellow signs compared to the light yellow shirt.
my dad owns a nursery so i get alot of business from him in my shirt.

supercuts
04-15-2007, 09:59 AM
mine has the graphics from the side of my trailer on the back of the shirts. its a large picture on the shirt. i wouldnt make the shirt too busy with lists of services. the point to simply to catch the eye of the customer, not give them a book to read. most people only read the first few words anyways unless they are bored stuck behind you in a line at a store

sedge
04-15-2007, 12:17 PM
We are going to get some new company shirts soon and wanted to get some input on a few ideas. One company here has shirts that look like billboards. These shirts are kind of a list of services and phone number on the back of the shirt and companyname in big letters on the front. Our current shirts t-shirts and golf shirt just have our company name on the upper left corner of the front of the shirt. I thought it looked more professional but twice this year alone I have been in a garden center and saw someone come right up to one of the guys from the billboard shirt company and start asking his advice and once ended up getting a job out of it right on the spot. Makes me thing hey lady I've been standing here for 5 minutes right next to you, did you just not see the name on my shirt? I would guess she didn't. Anyway thinking of going the direction of the billboard shirts for at least the t-shirts. I really only wear the golf shirt after work somewhere or to meet someone for a big job.
What do you guys have on your shirts? Do you agree this is the way to go? We sponcered a local soccer team this year and the shirts got all messed up so the guy said anytime we wanted he would do as many shirts and jackets, hats ... as we wanted for his cost of the tiem itself and free set up and printing. Needless to say I want to take advantage of this before things change.

Most companies really fail to realize just how important it is to get your name and number seen. Large displays on anything is always a good idea.