PDA

View Full Version : Push blower question.

Vikings
04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
A nice push blower could be used for piling up thatch after a power raking eh?

I know it can be used for leaves.

Last year we hand raked it into piles then bagged it but I bought a honda lawn vacuum last fall (haven't used it yet), it's self propelled but a got a feeling it will fill up too fast and maybe a push blower and two power rakes would be a more efficient combo. Once its in piles it's very easy and quick to bag.

dcondon
04-15-2007, 12:30 AM
You will have no problem at all using a good push blower for getting the thatch in a pile. I think it will save you some time if your bagging it up. JMO

Uranus
04-15-2007, 12:35 AM
I'd be blowing it into a pile too if you have to stuff it in a bag for disposal.

Personaly I would run a bagging mower over it if it was me.

but yes a push blower will pile up your thatch for you while saving your arms from raking it up.

Vikings
04-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Personaly I would run a bagging mower over it if it was me.

but yes a push blower will pile up your thatch for you while saving your arms from raking it up.
Uhg! I tried my 21" mowers to bag it last year but they fill up so fast it was EXTREMELY slow. We started doing o quick rake and then a fast mow, that was a little better. But Ya for the first two weeks it we strictly hand raked into piles with super big rakes, lol. omg it was hard work:weightlifter:

I got 30'000 flyers going out next sunday and money money money:canadaflag: (Canadian money though)

Shawns Lawns
04-15-2007, 10:11 AM
The last time i dethatched i then use the collection system on my G Hopper to pick it all up. It was alot faster than raking and alot easier on the pythons.:waving:

Vikings
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I seen those cyclone rake attachments but that's not in the cards, I got no trailers. I got two trucks and everything has to go in the back. I take that back, one of my truck is a Ford Ranger. I'm not sure if that counts as a truck.

NIXRAY
04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Lil Wonder has many models that do a great job and very low overhead some cons are with the swivel front caster it can get a lil annoying and it only has a discharge chute on the left side, BillyGoat has a few models that have options that can move the chute from right side to left. I've used both and work nice
~NICK

ed2hess
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
And I will add that push mowers can be heavy when you get into the 13hp range and hard to push across the lawn.

Runner
04-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Yep. In doing a true thatch job, a push blower is actually about the ULTIMATE way to go. Unless yu have a LARGE sweeper unit - like a pull behind, such as those used on golf courses, a push blower to gather - then tarp is THEE way to go.