PDA

View Full Version : Want to start a lawn maintnance busness, what to do?

Shawninjersey
04-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Going out and cutting and cleaning lawns is eazy but starting a busness the legal way is not. What is required to do basic lawn cutting, pruning and yard cleanup in New Jersey?

Ravenwood Landscaping
04-15-2007, 07:32 AM
The best thing to do would be to check with your small business development center for New Jersey. You could probably find it online. The one for maryland takes you step by step and put links to those steps right on their page.

supercuts
04-15-2007, 07:37 AM
start by picking a name and going to your town clerk and registering. if you go llc you will need to get the forms from the state and send them in. if you are pruning trees you will most likely need an arborist licence to do it legally. if its hedges/bushes you shouldnt. easiet way to worry about all you tax work is to find a good accountant and let him get you the papers and set you up. if you can guess how much you will make he will estimate how much you need to send it quarterly. it is tuff to become legit when your starting and can see why so many dont.

paul vroom
04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I made an appointment with my local Chamber of Commerce. I had a free one hour meeting and she helped me with a lot of info on local laws, insurance questions, banking and even feed back on my BC and flyer's. They are there to help local business. Good Luck