PDA

View Full Version : Someone should make this.

JLC
07-31-2001, 11:25 PM
Someone should make a telescoping string trimmer. I need longer reach under the evergreen trees that some customers think should be limbed so the branches dont touch the ground (not be me). These constantly have weeds and junk growing up in the center and it is a MAJOR pain to reach these with a standard trimmer. Maybe this already exists. Anyone heard of one of these?

AVRECON
07-31-2001, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I've herd from myself that if you can't limb them up then they don't get trimed undetrneath.

1stclasslawns
07-31-2001, 11:56 PM
Ryobe doees make one. I have a 3 foot extension for my old ryobie along with a saw that goes on it too.

Too bad its a piece of junk and wont work most of the time.

It was nice on hills to do a 12 foot wide swath. or too weed eat the bottom of a ditch with out getting down in it.

:cool: Jim

MOW ED
08-01-2001, 07:40 AM
They do , its called glyphosate in a backpack.

It works.

awm
08-01-2001, 06:18 PM
i have the ryobi system . runs fine but just a little less smooth
than some machines.likes high grd gas to start easy.
i prefer the echo but like i say the ryobi will do. i heard the company was in bankruptcy tho.

4 Saisons
08-01-2001, 10:39 PM
Stilh have one from the pruner, just put a trimmer head on it...

but we go that way..

1 Weed by hand the big one.
2 we apply a layer of brown craft paper
3 then a mix of 50% compost, 50%mulch

That way you keep the soil fresh and humid, excellent for the root zone!! and it's easy to maintain and cost is low and it's increase the property apparence

NEVER apply systemic herbicid under a tree.

CSRA Landscaping
08-01-2001, 11:26 PM
It does work. And if you get it to kill a tree, let me know, I have some to spray with it! :rolleyes:

Randy Scott
08-01-2001, 11:30 PM
Somebody should just make a trimmer that's about 6 or 8 inches longer in general for us guys that are over 6 feet. Whether or not you have to get under pines, they still could be longer in general. it's hard to get the right angle to the ground being tall. therefore I have to bend whenever trimming, kinda sucks on areas that require alot of trimming.

RMDoyon
08-02-2001, 12:15 AM
A trimmer with a variable angle relationship between the head and shaft would solve the problem of too short or too tall operators.