PDA

View Full Version : Edging flower beds

cks dad
04-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Guys i have a mulch job to do in May.It will take ten yards of mulch to do.I charge 60.oo a yard to do the install with delivery.But he also wants the edge of the beds redug.What is the best way for two guys to redig the beds?I have always done it with flat shovels didnt know if there was a easier way if doing this.

thank you for any help

Brent

tjsquickcuts
04-15-2007, 11:31 AM
A Pick would be the best if you are planning on using good ole american muscle, but if you want to save time and energy, then a bed edger would be the best.

clallen03
04-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I just edged about 250 ft of bed, cleaned up, and weeded the beds in about 45 min by myself. I used a brown bed edger and it also helped that the ground wasn't too hard. I did use a flat head shovel to clean up the edge a bit.

I wont ever use a shovel to edge a bed again. With 2 guys you'll can breeze through that job.

Good luck

cks dad
04-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Thank you for the suggestions we will prob do it the old fashion way with sweat and tears lol thank you again.

Vikings
04-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I just edged about 250 ft of bed, cleaned up, and weeded the beds in about 45 min by myself. I used a brown bed edger and it also helped that the ground wasn't too hard. I did use a flat head shovel to clean up the edge a bit.

I wont ever use a shovel to edge a bed again. With 2 guys you'll can breeze through that job.

Good luck
That's a serious piece of equipment, can you use just a normal edger to redifine or maintain some of these bed edges?