PDA

View Full Version : T-270 Problems

dhenegar
07-31-2001, 11:27 PM
My 270 is developing alot of vibration at the head when im running low rpm's. Checked the shaft and it seemed ok, there is plenty of grease in the gearbox. Could my gears be worn out. I have around 400 hrs on it, so I can't complain too much since this is the first problem I've had with it. Please Help!

Cutter1
07-31-2001, 11:34 PM
One of my 270's did that from day one!!!! Should of done something about it, but didn't worry to much about it. Changed the head, nothing. Had them change the bushings in the shaft, still nothing changed. I have come to the conclusion that some just do that. My suggestion, buy a new one and put that one in the parts department!!! Another suggestion is run it full throttle all the time!! :) I have 6, that one gets used teh least, its just annoying. My dealer couldn't do anything about, so I would talk to Shindaiwa, thats your only hope.

WLC
08-01-2001, 12:07 AM
I have a T-260 that does that same thing. I too checked the gearbox and shaft, still makes a mad vibration right off of idle.

Eric ELM
08-01-2001, 12:34 AM
I had a T270 doing this the other day too. It has to have over 500 hours on it and I've put more than one set of clutches in it. What happened is the drum part of the clutch system that turns the shaft broke off. I have no idea how it even turned the head, but it sure did vibrate. Even a bad clutch can make them vibrate. I just put the trimmer head and shaft on the Power Broom and got us going until I can get the part.

4 Saisons
08-01-2001, 10:26 AM
I had the same problem this spring...and the clutch broke few days latter. I think there is more chance to happen if you run it on low rpm, like the way i do.