PDA

View Full Version : Cutting in Ohio

cks dad
04-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Finally started cutting grass yesterday did 6 yards.Was wondering if anybody else in Ohio has started yet.Have only got two new customers for this year so far and about ten estimates im still waiting on to here from.Just was wondering how everbody else was doing seems slow so far.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
CKS
Hey we are working through the weather as much as possible here. We are staying busy thou. Working the mowing out to the later part of the week.

cks dad
04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
yea things should be picking up this week Walker thanks for the response and have a good year.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
04-15-2007, 04:22 PM
CKS
Did you get my PM?

jpp
04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I have been cutting since the last week of March. I did my Wednesday adn Thursday routes that week. Started my full swing around everything the first week of April.I have 3 cuts in on the Weds and Thurs routes. But this cool weather has slowed things way down. Still trying to figure out if I will try and cut everything this week or push some of it back. It is only 45 outside right now so things are growing fast anyway.

JP

wrm
04-15-2007, 05:07 PM
just started cutting 2 weeks ago, still slow, 4 residentials, 1 commercial,
a few in the works. weather has been rough, but should be good this week.
good luck to you guys.
Clean Cut Lawncare

cks dad
04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Walker
No i didnt get your pm?

cks dad
04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Thank you wrm and jpp have a good year

Travis E
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I have one lawn in which I have had to mow twice already. Like already said above...it has been in the 40's for atleast the last week. Some lawns are not even close to needed it yet but I sure can't wait to get busy!payup

ribbie78
04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Got my cleanups done and mowed the contract people. Hopefully the weather will be decent this week to start the per-cut people this week.

rob

Buckeye Lawncare
04-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I have been cutting since the last week of March. I did my Wednesday adn Thursday routes that week. Started my full swing around everything the first week of April.I have 3 cuts in on the Weds and Thurs routes. But this cool weather has slowed things way down. Still trying to figure out if I will try and cut everything this week or push some of it back. It is only 45 outside right now so things are growing fast anyway.

JP

I mowed a couple the last week of March, mowed all of them the following week, then only mowed half last week. This week I am going to mow all of them. I also just picked up almost $1000 a week in cutting. So my schedule just got really busy with still being at Ohio State full-time.

Brandon

bigmudder77
04-16-2007, 11:08 AM
i got 4 yards that i NEED to get cutting but i have my blown up truck in columbus. the rear end locked up while delivering a mower. kinda sucks but i got my dads new truck just cant tow all my mowers with it but i should be able to get them all cut this week

jason9696
04-16-2007, 12:26 PM
hahahaha mowing? We're still dealing with the snow...... :(

cks dad
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
thanks everyone for the comments have a good year everybody.Jason i hope the snow melts soon for you lol.Even though your not a buckeye.

jpp
04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
I mowed a couple the last week of March, mowed all of them the following week, then only mowed half last week. This week I am going to mow all of them. I also just picked up almost $1000 a week in cutting. So my schedule just got really busy with still being at Ohio State full-time.

Brandon

Well, we did two mulch jobs today along with bed edging. Tuesday if the weather is good we are going to go by our normal Monday route. I decided if some don't need cut we will just skip them. I rather be safe then sorry. Especially since it is going to be in the 70's this weekend.

Good Luck with then account and keep up informed the Ohio Lawn Thread in the networking forum.

JP

jason9696
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
thanks everyone for the comments have a good year everybody.Jason i hope the snow melts soon for you lol.Even though your not a buckeye.
:) My Aunt and Uncle are, does that count? They're out near Dayton.