PDA

View Full Version : help pricing shrub removal

tsmoot
04-15-2007, 04:16 PM
I am prepping an estimate for a skittish customer which involves removing a great deal of shrubs and pulling vinca vine out of the beds. Can anyone help me with how to price shrub removal and to price vine pulling? Thanks

PerfectEarth
04-15-2007, 04:40 PM
um....... labor rate?? time estimate for the job? Any dump fees?? Is it hand removal or will you need equipment??

Do your math. You know more than we do.

tsmoot
04-15-2007, 04:48 PM
most of the shrubs will be dug out and can be done by one worker, i.e. nandinas, hollies, azaleas. The one that concerns me is a beautiful 15 ft chindo that is between another chindo and a japanese fir. I have no idea how long that is going to take. I'm planning to loosen up the roots and then pull it out with a chain and my truck.

PerfectEarth
04-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Well, it sounds like a nice landscape that does not need to be removed!!! :)

I did a shrub removal last week for a new landscape and I thought I might have to rent a mini but after a few minutes with a steel spade, the taxus came right out- and they have a reputation for being the worst! If the stump is too big to pull, have you considered grinding it? Be careful with your truck. I've heard horror stories.

tsmoot
04-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks - I'll be careful with the truck. The landscape is nice but old but many are overcrowded or dead. I am just really in a quandary about the chindo

DBL
04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
sometimes when i dont know if i might encounter things to make it longer charge by the hour and add a dump fee or any other fees you need